Black and silver single cup coffee maker with water reservoir on the left hand side. K40/K45.

keurig just don't work

the button lights come on but pressing them gets nothing. happened at once and has not worked since.

3 Comments

The first one (keurig

Elite)we had kept shutting off-Called keurig -Keurig said it was a problem with the coffee maker &’we were sent a new elite coffee maker --after two weeks newer one is doing the same thing Shutting off after you push button for your coffee and size-This coffee maker is just no good -We have tried everything it tells you to do for trouble shooting -Nothing works-I’m using my travel Keurig coffee maker now and it works perfectly - I’m out 130.00 and endured a lot of aggravation!!With the elite!

WE have a 2.0 that goes thru all the steps and shows a cup of coffee brewing but nothing happens.. We went thru the rest instructions. HELP

penny mayben have you cleaned the small filter in the reservoir? Cleaned the needles with something like a paperclip?

@whydothis try something from here

A basic reset resolves many common issues experienced with Keurig brewers. To perform a basic reset:

Turn the machine off, if possible, and unplug it for several minutes.

Plug the machine back in and try a brew cycle again.

If simply unplugging your brewer doesn't work:

Remove the water reservoir before powering the machine off and unplugging. Allow the brewer to sit unplugged for a few minutes without the water reservoir attached.

Plug your Keurig into it's own designated outlet.

Power the machine back on and then replace the reservoir.

The light wouldn't come on in my Keruig K cup . I tried shaking it upside down and all the things everybody says to do . I took an air hose and blew out the needle in the top where the K cup goes and the bottom where the water empties out from the reservoir, when I did that water started pouring out of it. I plugged it back in and it worked. It powered backup where the lights wouldn't come on before.

I virtually had the same problem. Only had the Keurig Elite coffee pot for 2 months this year. The lights came on but after picking the size of the cup it shut off. However, for some reason, it did work with the universal K-cup. I still had those expensive pods so I tried the suggested remedies but they didn't work. Then I remembered using a paperclip with a different coffee pot once before. So I unbent a paperclip and stuck it in the needle that goes into the pod. That seemed to do the trick.

4 Comments:

Mine will turn on, allow me to push buttons and they light up. I select size, it lights up, then after a few seconds, turns off. I have cleaned the port everyone is talking about. I do have hard water, however I can't descale it because it's not working. Any advice?

Lindsey mine just starting doing the same thing. Let me know if you found a fix

I had similar problem on my elite. I can hit medium and large (along the bottom row) at the same time, release them and press settings. then unplug and re-plug, it turns on and works. If you turn it off it needs the same routine done, but at least I have it limping along while I work out how to clear it up for good. Problem began when water ran out and it needed descaled, Wow did it need descaled. I managed to get that done with some spare rubber tubing and a seperate power source to run the pump. I'm calling customer care to see if there is another key sequence that may help.

Francis Derden, Lindsey K and Kelsi Burrier - I also have the Elite, similar issue when I tried to descale. After a thorough cleaning of absolutely everything, I added the cleaning solution to the water reservoir and placed the empty mug on the drip tray. First try worked great. Then nothing. I tried everything. Powering off/on, unplugging, spending an hour on the phone with Keurig Support (no help at all by the way) but nothing worked. The machine would come on, even try to heat the water, but would not siphon the water from the reservoir into the machine. Tried a few other things that didn't work and was about to throw in the towel and buy a new machine. Then I read the comment that said to turn it upside down and shake it. Very little water came out at first, then finally a little more with a little bit of sediment. Apparently, that did the trick! I plugged it back in, put the reservoir back, and was able to complete the descale and rinse process.

francis derden will be eternally grateful.