Golf cart starter/generator overheating and smoking.
I have a 1998 Yamaha G9 golf cart which I had trouble starting. I installed a new solenoid and a new starter/generator. It now starts fine. However, after running it for 15-20 minutes or so, the starter started smoking real bad and it melted the boot covering the A2 terminal on the starter. The starter remained real hot for an extended period of time. It apparently ruined the new starter so I replaced it with another new one. It is heating this latest one up as well. Any ideas? Overcharging?
Is this a good question?