Rectangular Form Factor / 16 GB capacity / Announced September 12th, 2012

My iPod won't turn on

My ipod won't turn on. I tried the disk mode whatever and the diagnostic mode. It won't charge. And when i plugged it in the screen just blinks on and off apple logo. It won't respond to the reset. I tried pushing every button and tried everything but it still won't open

• Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes
  • While your device is connected, force it to restart
  • Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo
  • When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update

Or other method similar to first one but it is easy way

• If your screen is black or frozen, you might need to force restart your device. A force restart won't erase the content on your device. You can force restart your device even if the screen is black or the buttons aren't responding. Follow these steps:
  • Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  • On an iPod touch: Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least ten seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

This was not helpful at all. My ipod still will not turn on

Press the Power button and home button simultaneously, and hold them down. This may take a while but don't give up really quick. Mine took a while to turn on but it did with this method. Hope this helps, and good luck!

Nope ... neither way

not working for mine.

How long did you have to hold both buttons down?

iries mangao will be eternally grateful.