Repair guides for Android cell phones manufactured by ALCATEL One Touch.

My mic doesn't work when my earbuds are plugged in

Whenever I plug in my earbuds my microphone doesn't work. I can hear the person I'm talking with but they can't hear me. Its worked a few times so I know that it can work.

Most Helpful Answer

Do your earbuds have a built in microphone? If so try taking a video and seeing if the audio works that way. There is also a button you can press on the call screen that usually switches it from one microphone to the other. Also, make sure the headphones are plugged in all the way.

My earbuds don't have a built in mic. I don't see anything on my call screen that gives me the option to switch mics.

Does your headphone jack have 3 or 4 little sections on it? The little piece you plug into the phone, count how many rings are on it.

It has three

So to start off with, at least you headphone jack is working and not stuck in headphone mode which can be a P.I.A. I know this is possible because I have a audio jack I take phone calls with with my car and people can hear me through one of the 3 microphones.

1. Let's test to make sure all of your microphones are working. Take two quick video and say test or something on both the front and rear camera. Playback and confirm you have sound.

2. If you haven't deleted it with the new IOS, go into voice memo and click the upper right corner of the screen with the sound icon, it's a little buggy since IOS 10 so toggle it from blue to white a couple of times to make sure its recording on your lower microphone and test the lower microphone by making a recording. If all three of your microphones work than we can go from there.

Let me know the results!

I just tried that. When I record a video with my earbuds connected the mic works. But it still doesn't work when I make a call.

Ok. If you read my full post I have you test all 3 microphones without your headphones plugged it. Try all three and post the results.

OK I just did what you said without the earbuds being connected and all three recordings have sound- the mic picked up the sound in each setting. I tried each of the same three functions with my earbuds connected and only the video recordings picked up sound. Voice recording did not pick up the sound.

Do you suggest anything else

Any other suggestions?

Help . I need more info

My iphone has the same problem. did you find a solution?

Isaiah Washington will be eternally grateful.