RCA Android tablet with detachable keyboard, identified by model number RCT6303W87DK.

Tablet doesn't pickup wifi very well

I have access to WiFi where I live and work, but my tablet seems to have a hard time picking it up. It does, but painfully slow and always timing out of stuff

I have the same problem, I have 3 tablets at work perfectly. Only the rca voyager doesn't pick up WiFi well. All the other devices work great

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

iPhone Battery Fix Kits

Only $29.99

Hi @andyjd01192011 ,

If you have the inclination you may wish to check that your tablet's WiFi antenna is properly soldered onto the systemboard and that it is not a loose or dry joint connection.

Here is a video showing how to repair the digitizer in your tablet. It is useful as it shows how to open the tablet to gain access to the systemboard etc,. At 4:52 minutes into the video the motherboard's antenna connection is shown (also see image below)

(click on image to enlarge for better viewing)

You're probably not in range. Wi-Fi connections only have a range of about 300 feet. Anything beyond that will cause the problems you describe. Ensure you're in range before attempting to connect.

april4800.ooh will be eternally grateful.