I don't know what to replace, LCD screen or just the glass?

I recently dropped my phone and the glass broke but the screen was working fine and the touch responsiveness was fine. But then I dropped it again and the screen now shows different patterns and the left side is completely black and unresponsive. So it feels like I have to replace all of the screen parts... Glass, Digitizer and LCD. Right?

Most Helpful Answer

Lualejandro,

Unfortunately, yes, you will have to replace the entire display assembly. The digitizer, glass, and LCD are fused together, so if any of them fail, you have to replace the whole thing.

I would recommend picking up a repair kit on iFixit, which should have everything you need to do the repair. I'd also recommend covering the display in packing tape (the clear, smooth stuff) before attempting display removal.

Check out this guide for a step-by-step procedure for replacing your display:

iPhone 6 Front Panel Assembly Replacement

Hope this helps!

Bunker

lualejandro_97 will be eternally grateful.