iPhone 6 apparently dead after replacing battery and screen.
First off, I'm a complete idiot and probably caused long screw damage in either one or both of the bottom screw holes. But from what I've read about LSD, it should only cause the backlight to stop working, right? Maybe the display?
This phone seems completely dead as it's not recognized by iTunes, and gives no response to power regardless of whether the battery is actually plugged in.
I don't feel it getting warm either, but I guess that could be explained a couple different ways.
My questions are:
1. Can LSD cause a dead device as described?
2. If not, where would I be looking for damage specifically? I don't see anything broken or missing, and I don't think I damaged anything else.
I'm just hoping that by a miracle I haven't caused LSD and I'm just missing something (possibly easier to fix).
So far my first iFixit repair has not gone well. :( Now I've spent $100 on stuff I have no use for, and ruined a working 64 GB phone in the process.
Is there any way I can return the parts? The replacement battery probably isn't worth the trouble, but the screen should have some value, right? I haven't even taken the plastic off it yet. I just have no use for it unless I can find another iPhone 6 with a cracked screen. This one was given to me in great condition. I don't really want to spend $250 on a beat-up one from eBay.
Is this a good question?