Charging port won't charge batteries

I plug in the mod to the charger and it won't charge the batteries. I think it's the charging piece, but I don't know what to do.

Mine is doing the same thing I've switched the batteries around and eveb tried a different charger and it won't charge.. I just got it not eveb teo weeks ago so I'm highly upset

Even* two* sorry was typing to fast

I got mine today and its doing it

There utter garbage, just complete $@$*. You will be lucky to get 20 hits from the little bastard before it dies. LITERALLY.. The stupid piece of $@$* has to stay on the charger constantly. Always changing out and switching battery's.

The biggest question is; Who the &&^& puts something like this out on the market, knowing %#*@ well the charging issues it has.

Think u have a bad device had mine 6 months it worked great it's bad now I'm having to charge my batteries externally because the charge port on my device seems to have come out of the device am annoyed with that

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

I just got the Alien mod yesterday and can't charge on my wall plug block either. I have been reading everything I can find and I think the answer is actually simple. You just aren't getting enough power through the wall block. Example is as follows:

Wall block output on mine = 1 volt at a max of 1 amp.

Standard USB port = 5 volt at a max of 1.5 amps

My batteries are 3.7 volts at a max of 35 amps. 1 volt is so low that it just won't power the battery. I would suggest going to your local dollar store and buy a wall plug that puts out a minimum of 3 volts, 1000ma. Should cost you about $1 plus tax and they usually keep them at the cash register or in the cables section depending on the size of the store.

Just an update. I have tried this now and The problem is solved. My block was so under powered that it actually fried trying to charge the Alien. I went to Best Buy and got a good Belkin one for 13.99 and it charged from absolute zero to 100% in 4.5 hours. Vape on it for a full day and still had about 55% battery power left.

:) Smiles for everybody! Jordan

This worked!!!! Husband was freaking out couldn’t vape for 4 hours!!!! Look at the block and the volts!!!!

Get an external charger. Although it won't fix the port, but at least you will be able to vape. Get extra batteries too.

I was having the same problem of my batteries not fully charging. Well I have just tested an idea. When the alien times out it quits charging but if you light up the screen again it starts charging again. My batteries have went from 50% to 73% I now have them up to 96% but I have to keep turning it BK on. So I changed my screen time to a longer time and it charges longer. So you might try that. It is working for me.

I think that may be it just updating the battery volume from the last time the screen was lit. I have 2 aliens and a smok gpriv that does the same thing

Anyone else having this issue and the above solutions aren't working (besides the external charger of course which is the only easy fix) here is some info for reference. The charge port itself is soldered on the backside of the mother board and comes through a hole in the mother board and requires microsoldering to fix or replace the charge port, also covers are also lightly soldered onto the motherboard easily break if moved around. I added photos for reference (charge port cover has already been broken off in close up pics). Sorry since it's not really a solution

Your are not supposed to charge the alien through the USB port, the port should be used for firmware updates only. You need a external battery charger made for lithium batteries nite core and efest make inexpensive but reliable chargers. Charging any mod through the usb that takes more than 1 battery is dangerous.

My Smok Qt box won't charge it's staying on 0% and will turn on but no charge says low battery and if I unplug it completely turns off

Mine just started to say that on!y one battery is charged when I do use a charged and have back up batteries. I don't understand y this is happening. Oh I have a smoke 220 and this is the second one that I have bought.guess what not again will I buy one. Does anyone know what I can do about this?

well... its great this thing cant charge through USB... super awesome especially since earlier versions could

Yes my port is worn out

Sonya Gomez will be eternally grateful.