No 3g connectio, 2g and 4g works fine

Hi.

I have been searching for a solution like a madman but with no luck.

I cannot get a 3g connection anywhere.

When i am on 4g my data works fine but i can't call or receive calls (i can receive text however.)

At my school there is no 4g, but when i'm on 2g i can call and receive calls just fine.

I live in Copenhagen and i can confirm there is a solid 3g network from my carrier in the entire city.

thank you in advance

/Kris

Hi @krissern ,

Try swapping the SIM card in your phone with the SIM card from another known 3G working, same network compatible phone and see if your SIM card works OK on 3G in the other phone and if the other phone's SIM card works OK on 3G in your phone.

Hey, sorry for the late reply, busy day.

I have used my own simcard in a different phone, and it worked fine, same conclusion i persume?

And i forgot to mention, my phone is bought in a different country - in case that has any relevans.

/kris

Hi @krissern ,

Did you try another known working SIM card in your phone?

Sometimes it doesn't pay to assume with electronics. It could be a compatibility issue between, in your case, the SIM card reader in the phone and your particular SIM card. If you have the opportunity to try another card, why not? At least you have eliminated the possibility if it doesn't work as well and you've only lost a bit of time.

Here are the frequencies for the phone (not sure if the phone specifications will be the same for every country that it is sold in).

2G bands 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100

HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - USA

4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700)

LTE band 2(1900), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 13(700) - USA.

You need to check if your phone service provider operates their 3G service, in your area, on at least one of the (non USA) frequencies shown.

HSPDA is an upgraded version of UMTS.

Also check the APN settings in your phone are what is shown on your service provider's website. Don't know the phone but try Home > Settings > Connections > more > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names

Hopefully this is of some help.

Hi.

So form what i can see my carrier operates 900 and 2100 (UMTS & H+ (HSPA+)

The APN seems to be correct, i will check with a different sim tomorrow.

thank you for your time.

I just checked something.

In my phone i can set the network mode to either

-GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto

-GSM/WCDMA auto

-WCDMA only

But no UMTS, could that be the issue?

/Kris

Hi @krissern ,

WCDMA is also called UMTS and the two terms have become interchangeable.

What notification, if any, do you get when you select WCDMA only? No service etc?

Kristoffer N will be eternally grateful.