The Nintendo 2DS is a handheld gaming device developed as an entry level version of the Nintendo 3DS with nearly identical hardware, but without the 3D upper screen function.

Why won't my 2ds read cartridges?

No matter what game I put in it, the device won't read it. It will play downloaded games, however.

Most Helpful Answer

Did you just buy it? Chances are that the pins for the cartridge reader are bent/broken? Shine a light in the slot and see if this is true. There may be dirt or hair in the reader that would prevent it from reading games also. All ds models have issues with the pins breaking off if you're not careful when inserting games.

You can put a new reader in if you're handy with soldering and small electronics. Otherwise it may be best to sell it as a repairable and buy a new one.

It belongs to my gfs kid. He told me it wasn't working so I decided to see if I could fix it myself. It looks like one pin is bent or maybe missing. I'll try and bend it back.

Does the reader come apart so I can access the pins better?

If even one pin is missing it won't read the games. There's a metal shield on the backside. You might be able to trim it a little in order to get to the pins better. I did that on a standard 3ds a couple of times.

I do agree with most of the previous comments.

Replace the slot-1 and try it again, 100% of cases is a bent pin.

Regards,

Juan

falkedup will be eternally grateful.