Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

This accessory may not be supported

I got a cable for my iPhone7 i can charge and listen to music at the same time by using it was working at the beginning but when I updated my phone it keeps telling this accessory may not be supported, do you have any solution? Please help me.

I never took the. charger anywhere it was an original for less than a. year

I have the same problem but on a 6s

This is really upsetting. I just bought this phone and absolutely nothing works to correct this. I guess I need to trudge to an Apple store to get this fixed. I hope the staff at the store have some way to fix it.

I've been having the same issue. I bought a new apple charger a month ago cause my old one died... Now today, when I tried to charge my phone this message popped out and I have no idea what to do. I tried everything but nothing seems to work. Have you guys recently updated your phone?

Never had this problem with an Android.

Why should I have to always buy an original charger, didn't they get enough money from me for the phone? Maybe I should just ditch the Apple, this is very annoying.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

So, this sounds like an aftermarket product. Apple makes weapons to fight people like us, and increase their profits. They're worried they won't be super ultra rich, and want to full on super ultra rich. Even products they themselves have released can have this happen. Apple used to make charging docks that your iPhone could stand up, while charging. Eventually those products, released by Apple, became unsupported. I believe they released a newer one. Same thing will happen. Sorry, this isn't an answer. It's the always lengthy explanation that is Apple

I guess there's some place (file) where iTunes blacklists products with a certain code. I found out that same cable, after the "unsupported accessory" warning, might just work fine if used on a different computer afterwards, at least for some time. Would be nice to have some insight..

When I was using that old dock, sometimes it would work. But it would repeatedly say, not supported

I thought that’s what Apple was all about.

Providing a superior product. And that’s probably why it doesn’t work. It’s an aftermarket accessory displaying an error because it’s junk.

I briefly owned two aftermarket lightning cables that have thousands of 5 star reviews on Amazon. They weren’t cheap.

One is still fine and the other one gave that message out of the box. The Apple lightning cable that came with the phone is still working and has taken a serious beating.

I don’t have a horse in this race because I, personally, am not a fan of the iPhone. I have one through work.

Except they don't provide a superior product. Their white iphone cables are the worst pieces of junk on the market. They last 6-9 months max, then start fraying at the ends.

The aftermarket charging cord THAT I BOUGHT AT THE APPLE STORE HERE IN SOUTH FLORIDA worked fine for 6 months, now it shows “this accessory may not be supported” CONSTANTLY. Apple is about ONE THING......$$$. My IPhone is a work phone. I NEVER had these issues with any Android based Phone. I don’t see what the big obsession is about a phone that makes you pay for EVERYTHING and comes equipped brand new out of the box with UNDOUBTEDLY the flimsiest and cheapest charging cords in the industry. The word “lemmings” comes to mind

None of these solutions work. My charger works fine, the issue is the adapter for my headphones. This is really annoying. I have an apple lightning phone jack and a used iPhone 7 that I just purchased. Unbelievable that I have to trudge to the Apple store. I really hope someone there has a fix or I’m going to be extremely upset. I can’t stream my news or a video or anything using headphones. This is one of the most important functions of the iPhone for me.

The same thing is happening to my iPhone 7 Plus. Did you go to Apple yet? Because I just got the iPhone today and when I set it up everything was good it charged correctly but each time I try to plug in the headphones adapter and then listen to music it will pause after a minute and so. Then I press play while the headphone still plug in it plays it out loud through the speaker.

This is my problem too.Personally without headphones I can barely use my phone it helps me so much and is annoying when it stops midway to say that it isnt compatible when it literally was just working fine like wtf.

Any update on this, I have the same problem on iPhone7 when I use headphone adapter and listed to the music. The headphone works fine if I use headphone, but when I use adapter to connect the headphone I can't listed music thru headphone. This working fine well before but issue started a few days before

Been using the same aftermarket cord for 6+ months and all of a sudden the error message popped up. I have the 8+ and it has been nothing but problem after problem & now this. I’ve been on the Apple bandwagon since the iPhone 4 & after “downgrading” from the 7+ to the 8+ I’m finished. I will end my contract early and pay the penalty, I don’t care. I have always thought that having to buy a genuine Apple charging cord was absolutely ridiculous but this cord I bought 6+ months ago worked up until now. Goodby Apple, I would apologize but you don’t deserve it after raping people for so long. This weekend, I’ll be upgrading ALL of all our Apple products to a different manufacturer. Time to do some research!!

1. Try the other original charging cable for your iPhone iPad.

2. Clean your Apple Accessory. You can use a pushpin to carefully insert it into your iPhone or iPad charging port, and clean out the pocket lint or debris from the charging port.

3. Plug your charger in, when you get the error message hold your finger on the dismiss button and pull your charger out. While still applying pressure to the screen, plug your charger back in and it should work.

4. Turn off the device with the Lightning plug attached and then restart it.

5. Connect your iPhone to the charging cable. The error message will appear, so dismiss or ignore it. Next, turn on the Airplane mode in your device. Turn off your iPhone and wait for 1 minute and turn it on again.

I tried all of these but none worked. Except for the using the cable that came with the phone. You can apparently plug that cable into any attachment to plug into the wall but apparently non-apple cords will have this issue. At least mine did.

What if you are using the original cable but just plugging it directly in to your work computer to charge (a PC)? The issue for me is not the cable but the device it is plugged in to. My car charger has started doing the same thing since the update but I use the original apple cord it is just the product the plug is plugged into that isn't apple.

Practically no solution, just use the original cable

Simply change your charging adapter, The cable wont matter. Atleast for me it didnt.

I was not charging my phone when I got the error . I was going to send a photo on messenger and the message popped up and would not dismiss.

Try plugging in the cord turning off your phone and turning the phone back on with the cord still plugged in.

Plug in charger. Error message should pop up. Press finger against dismiss or ignore button and-while still applying pressure to the screen-unplug cord. Still apply pressure as you plug the cable back in. Wait for a few seconds then release pressure. Worked for me. So happy!!!

@Hazel, this option worked for me. Thanks a million!!

In my case, i buy Bavin lightning cable cord and it really works for me. It cost mostly around 7 bucks.

Hey guys, not sure if I just got lucky or not.. here is what I did:

1). With aftermarket cable plugged in (lightening cable to aux in my example)

2). I held power + circle to force reboot.

3). Upon recovery I instantly went into Settings > Power and turned on “Power Save” mode.

4). With my cable still plugged in, went to iTunes and music is playing for the last 30min.

GOOD LUCK. hope this helps.

Sarah will be eternally grateful.

Past 24 Hours: 1,041