Released September 16, 2016. Model 1660, 1778 Available as GSM or CDMA / 32, 128 or 256 GB / Rose gold, gold, silver, black, and jet black.

This accessory may not be supported

I got a cable for my iPhone7 i can charge and listen to music at the same time by using it was working at the beginning but when I updated my phone it keeps telling this accessory may not be supported, do you have any solution? Please help me.

I never took the. charger anywhere it was an original for less than a. year

So, this sounds like an aftermarket product. Apple makes weapons to fight people like us, and increase their profits. They're worried they won't be super ultra rich, and want to full on super ultra rich. Even products they themselves have released can have this happen. Apple used to make charging docks that your iPhone could stand up, while charging. Eventually those products, released by Apple, became unsupported. I believe they released a newer one. Same thing will happen. Sorry, this isn't an answer. It's the always lengthy explanation that is Apple

I guess there's some place (file) where iTunes blacklists products with a certain code. I found out that same cable, after the "unsupported accessory" warning, might just work fine if used on a different computer afterwards, at least for some time. Would be nice to have some insight..

When I was using that old dock, sometimes it would work. But it would repeatedly say, not supported

1. Try the other original charging cable for your iPhone iPad.

2. Clean your Apple Accessory. You can use a pushpin to carefully insert it into your iPhone or iPad charging port, and clean out the pocket lint or debris from the charging port.

3. Plug your charger in, when you get the error message hold your finger on the dismiss button and pull your charger out. While still applying pressure to the screen, plug your charger back in and it should work.

4. Turn off the device with the Lightning plug attached and then restart it.

5. Connect your iPhone to the charging cable. The error message will appear, so dismiss or ignore it. Next, turn on the Airplane mode in your device. Turn off your iPhone and wait for 1 minute and turn it on again.

I tried all of these but none worked. Except for the using the cable that came with the phone. You can apparently plug that cable into any attachment to plug into the wall but apparently non-apple cords will have this issue. At least mine did.

Never had this problem with an Android.

Why should I have to always buy an original charger, didn't they get enough money from me for the phone? Maybe I should just ditch the Apple, this is very annoying.

Sarah will be eternally grateful.