Laptop won't power up, no LEDs
Yesterday I went to use my Toshiba P50-A laptop and found that it was completely dead. I had left it closed and in sleep mode as I always do, and I found it powered down with no LEDs on (it was plugged in). The power button does nothing at all.
So far I have tried:
- Holding down the power button for 10+ seconds
- Tried a different power supply
- Measured the power supply output (19 V, as expected)
- Pressed the reset button with a paperclip for 10+ seconds
- Opened the laptop up, disconnected the battery, and held down the power button for 30+ seconds. Reattached the power supply - nothing
- Measured the voltage where the AC plug connects to the MB (still 19 V)
- Removed the RAM boards one at a time
After each of these it was still completely dead. What could be causing this issue? Is there anything else I can try? It's only a 3 or 4 year old computer and I'd hate to have to replace it so soon : (.
Thanks for your help!
Is this a good question?