How can I check an iPod Touch's battery health?

I want to sell an iPod touch (4th generation) - iOS 6.1.6.

Potential customers have been asking and I would like to be able to tell them about the battery's health.

How can I check this device's battery health?

Is there an effective yet simple way to do it?

----------

ALREADY TRIED:

I tried to download an app but it requires iOS 7.0 or later.

If I try to update the device I see the message:

iOS 6.1.6

Your software is up to date.

----------

Kind regards,

Windows Users, you may use 3UTools:

http://www.3u.com/

Hey Ben...have you tried to verify the battery capacity of iPods with 3uTools? AFAIK, they don't report anything to software. I have tried Coconut, iBackupBot, iMazing, SynciOS etc and none of them report anything on iPod batteries, not even iPod Touch 5/6. I recently tried an iPod Touch 6 on 3uTools and it didn't give me any info. I'm just wondering if I did something wrong...;>)

I've only ever used them on iPhones.

Use the program called coconut battery for mac. Plug the iPod in and click on the tab that says iOS device. I beleive that will give you the info you need.

Unfortunately, I'm a PC user.

Is there an alternative to coconutBattery?

Not sure sorry

But i dont see how battery is such a big deal as the ipod isnt very useful in todays standards

Don't judge what the value is to the OP based on your perceptions. I've sold several iPod Touch 4's and I have to beat customers away with a stick. They are perfect for young kids and not everyone wants to or can afford a smartphone and it's associated data plans. Stick to answering the question.

A battery in Good health should ideally last 6- 7 hours with videoplay back time and around 40 hours in standby mode on this device

Hm...I'm confused.

How can I check this device's status and compare to the information you provided?

Just do a video playback. Go to a youtube video and find one thats like 10 hours and jist let it play until ipod dies

Matheus will be eternally grateful.