Keyboard Backlight not working.

On my Asus FX550VX I cannot turn on the keyboard backlight. The fn+F4 or the fn+F3 does not turn it on or off. fn+F3 opens the outlook mail and the fn+F4 opens my browser. How do I turn on the keyboard backlight?

How did you do this? smart gestures asked me if i wanted to extract my files. how do i do that

HI @ Chris Eve,

Here's the info from the webpage linked below in the Chosen Answer:

Notes:

Drivers included in the list are for Notebooks or Laptops.

Most of the drivers are ZIP files. To install them, extract the content to a folder and look for the Setup.exe file.

If you get the message “Another version of this product is already installed…”, you need to uninstall the old version and then install the new one.

basically when you download the Smart gesture drivers to your laptop from the link and save them to a known folder location in your computer, use Windows Explorer to find the file.

The file is a compressed file which holds a lot of other files.

Click (or double click) on it. and you'll be asked if you want to extract all the files and it will give a location. If you're happy with the location for "all" the files" to be saved there click OK and all the files will be there.

Find the Setup.exe file (in the new saved location) and double click on it to install the Smart Gesture.

You may have to uninstall the old Smart Gesture (look in Programs and Features) if it won't allow you to install the new one.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

GIVE TOOLS.

FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

GIVE TOOLS. FIX FOREVER.

Spread the Fixmas cheer.

If you have Win 10 installed, try updating the ATK package and Smart Gesture drivers and see if this resolves the problem.

Be sure to update the ATK package first before the Smart Gesture drivers.

Here is a link to the latest Asus Win 10 drivers

Be aware of the Notes: near the top of the page in the link, regarding installation of the drivers. Also do not be tempted to update all the relevant drivers found on this link. It may confuse the issue if you run into problems. Work on one problem at a time. As the saying goes "If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Thanks so much for this answer. It helped me a lot. I was trying to figure out why my light keyboard was not working anymore and i did not remember that i upgraded my windows 10.

Thank you!! :)

Worked - Thank you!

This worked amazing for me. Thank you!

You deserve a gold star jayeff. Such an easy fix, thank you.

Ben Pretorius will be eternally grateful.