Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

My screen is darker than normal.

My tv is about 3-4 years old. What is causing the picture to go dark. I've checked the brightness and have reset everything. Still not bright.

Most Helpful Answer

@deek72 could be a bad panel, bad power board/inverter or bad LED backlight array. It will depend on how dark it gets. Post some images of what you see with your question. Use this guide for that. Remove the back of your TV after you unplug it and take some pistures of the boards on the inside of your TV as well. Let us know what the model is.

My screen after 2 yrs decided to go dark did everything by reseting the tv. Adjust the brightest to the highest still dark picture.

What to do next I don't want to go buy another tv.

Regina

@halfpint246890 what make and model is your TV? what have you checked? You are only reaferring to the dark picture but are not telling us if you have sound

Hi Eric. I need to know what to do when the T.V. is darker than usual. it just started and I don’t know what to do, Please help me!!!!

what make and model is your TV? what have you checked? You are only reaferring to the dark picture but are not telling us if you have sound. Sounds like a backlight issue

Eric will be eternally grateful.