Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

My screen is darker than normal.

My tv is about 3-4 years old. What is causing the picture to go dark. I've checked the brightness and have reset everything. Still not bright.

Most Helpful Answer

@deek72 could be a bad panel, bad power board/inverter or bad LED backlight array. It will depend on how dark it gets. Post some images of what you see with your question. Use this guide for that. Remove the back of your TV after you unplug it and take some pistures of the boards on the inside of your TV as well. Let us know what the model is.

I should not have to post a picture of my very dim TV screen. If Visio cannot guarantee a 55 in TV for more than 3-5 years, then I should not invest that much money again!! I have had TVs last much much longer in the past for much less money!

Score -1

@baccilela no you should not have to, if you were speaking with anybody at Vizio or anybody else that does this for any other reason but to volunteer. YOU do not have to do anything! If you would like the volunteers (people that spend their time helping others without any reimbursements) then maybe you would do that just to show the respect that anyone of those volunteers deserves.

Eric will be eternally grateful.