Repair guides and support for LED, LCD, HD and other Vizio TVs.

My screen is darker than normal.

My tv is about 3-4 years old. What is causing the picture to go dark. I've checked the brightness and have reset everything. Still not bright.

my screen is dimmer on the bottom half

Most Helpful Answer

@deek72 could be a bad panel, bad power board/inverter or bad LED backlight array. It will depend on how dark it gets. Post some images of what you see with your question. Use this guide for that. Remove the back of your TV after you unplug it and take some pistures of the boards on the inside of your TV as well. Let us know what the model is.

Should not have to troubleshoot a TV that is so new. Like most of us don't have that much time. Or skill. ha

Hi Eric. I need to know what to do when the T.V. is darker than usual. it just started and I don’t know what to do, Please help me!!!!

what make and model is your TV? what have you checked? You are only reaferring to the dark picture but are not telling us if you have sound. Sounds like a backlight issue

Minne Is A Vizio vizio e32-hc1

I am having the same problem

I did a factory reset through the menu, and also pulled the power plug and held the power button down for 10 seconds.

Picture is dark, I turned up the brightness and the backlight settings in menu, and it's watchable, But still not right .I have normal sound.

Same problem with all different inputs.

My Vizio model # D50u-D1 all of a sudden started being really dark and the picture goes in and out. I replaced the calibrator and it is still doing it. Also turned backlight and all other picture settings off in advanced settings.

Mine Is A Vizio e32-hc1

I am having the same problem

Picture is dark, I turned up the brightness and the back-light settings in menu, and it's watchable, But still not right .I have normal sound.

Same problem with all different inputs.

Eric will be eternally grateful.