SD card doesn't stay in the slot

I tried to insert an SD card and the card pops back out

Are you pushing it in far enough?

You do not have to force the card in. It should push in easily.

If you push it in and feel a springy resistance then it is going in the correct way. (the gold contacts on the card are facing towards the tablet when inserting into the slot and usually facing down) Keep pushing and it will then come back slightly and lock into place.

To release the card you need to push it in further again and it will then pop back far enough for you to grab hold of it.

Lisa Ortega , Just to add to jayeff good response, if his suggestions do not fix the problem, there is a chance the SD slot could have a foreign object in it(as seen in video link) or the lock inside could be damaged. With a flashlight try to look inside the slot for anything out of place or dust,debri,etc and pick out with a tooth pick carefully. If you see a spring or other part out of place, the port will probably have to be replaced. This part could be hard to replace so you may want a good local computer repair shop have a look and estimate repair. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgTK5g_j...

Lisa Ortega will be eternally grateful.