1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier

The Chevrolet Cavalier is a compact automobile produced from 1982 to 2005 by General Motors.

Car won't turn over

Car won't turn over. Got a new battery and the starter is fine. We think the problem is electronic. We unplugged the battery and when we plugged it back in the radio turned itself on and then the windshield wipers moved and i never touched the switch.

This is on a 1995 chevy cavalier 2.2L base model

Most Helpful Answer

Possible things to check out.

Check the cables connected to the battery to make sure there is a solid connection, a poor connection will not allow enough power to the starter. After that, I would check the fuse box to make sure the starter fuse is not blown, if that was fine. I would take the starter out and have it tested at your local autoparts store (if you havent already). Kragen, Autozone, Oreily, etc... check them for free.

Other possible problems causing engine not to turn over: bad starter solenoid, broken ignition switch, broken timing chain, bad ignition coil, dead electronic control module

Here is a training manual, it might help: http://www.prestolite.com/pgs_training/t...

Only one thing to add, also check the ground connections. I once encountered this very problem and it was because the bolt that held the ground strap down had worked its way loose. After tightening it, it ran like a dream.

by Mario T

Where can you find the starter solenoid on a 2003 cavalier does not seem to be in the same place as other car or in the videos I have seen.

3 starters still won't turn the engine over unless you take the plugs out Jenna turned over real slow at doing that what's wrong with it

bob will be eternally grateful.