The phone won't charge pass 50%

The cable and charging port are functional. Whenever the phone is plugged in the average charge time is 1hr. Now recently its 36hrs. I narrowed it down to either a issue with the software or the entire power module itself because I'll plug my phone in and no indication that its charging but when I plug it out there's a sound it makes when its on low charge and the notification pops up saying to charge it. I'll try a factory reset and see if that's the issue but as to do anything else Im skeptical because I have not found a teardown, the battery is not removable by hand and like always there is no manual for repair in site. #RIGHTOREPAIR

Side note, my area experience quite a few power surges, flipped my breaker several times, could that be the cause

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment

2 Answers

Chosen Solution

Cavaughn Haynes , Power surges may have affected the phone, you could open it up and have a look for any damage on the board, burn marks,etc.. Since you state that the charger and port seam to be functioning properly, could possibly be a faulty battery. Find below links to aid in changing your battery. 1st link is video showing how to change the battery in your device, 2nd is link to replacement battery which you can also do a search on for beter pricing. Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

I have the same phone and started having similar issues. It took longer for my battery to charge and it would always pop up telling me to use the original charger no matter what charger I used (including the original one). At first I assumed it must need a new battery so I bought 2 diff batteries thinking the 1st one was defective. (Btw I had no previous experience taking phones apart or anything like that b4 this and I had no prob) but at least in my case this didn't solve the problem. I ended up realizing that my prob was the charging port of my phone because I was having to get the cord in a certain position in order for the phone to charge. It got to the point where there was only one cord that would work to charge it ( i even bought new charger cords but they wouldn't even do the trick). Then one day I had to take the cord with me to an appt and left it there so I was without it for a couple wks and unable to charge my phone and whenever I've tried since to hook that charger to it it still won't evn begin to charge.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 0
Add a comment

Add your answer

Cavaughn Haynes will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 7

Past 30 Days: 31

All Time: 421