New ink installed, will not print --?

Black ink was full, but would not print. Cleaned print heads, and only red printed boxes. Cleaned heads 4-5 times, still no ink on paper. Printer acts and sounds like it's printing, but nothing come out on paper. What to do?

Edit: "All 4 cartridges were replaced with Epson brand cartridges."

All 4 ink cartridges were replaced with new Epson ink.

I have the same problem. Spent the money for all 4 new cartridges and nothing gets copied or printed. The printer is only 2.5 years old & used sparingly in my home. I copy/ print maybe 80 pages PER YEAR. The Epson support rep. did the same cleanings I had done 6 times. & said I had a hardware failure. This is NOT acceptable to me. NO MORE EPSON products for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fyi. I was at Office Depot yesterday and they said to bring the new cartridges back for a full refund if printer still would not print after installing.

Most Helpful Answer

it worked for my HP :

take your inks out, turn off the printer (disconnect it from the power while the cardriges are out)

clean the gold pins with some cloth or Isopropyl alcohol or so

turn on the printer (it will say no ink)

than just put the ink back in and try to print

i fixed my HP 10x like this

It worked!! Thank you.

healybg will be eternally grateful.