An entry level smartphone released in April 2014. Available in black and white.

PC don't recognize phone when using USB

My phone can charge only while connected to my PC, but the PC won't recognize the phone. I want to transfer files from my phone to my PC.

Does anyone know how to change the settings in this phone, so that it can charge as well as transfer files to PC's?

If so please give a step by step account. I am not tech savvy.

Thanks.

I'm having problems with my Blu G5 plus

1) open Android Systems (drag finger from top of home screen to open options)

2) Tap Android Systems for more options

3) Click Media Device (MTP) File Transfer

No downloading Necessary

None of the above fixed the USB problem on my G9. The USB options on the phone are greyed out and cannot be changed. I’ve tried 3 different drivers so far. Any other suggestions?

Hey Lekisha Burrows,

Unfortunately there is no magic software that can help you connect with the phone. I would try Brook Smith's suggestion and see if that helps. If it does not, you may need to try and download software that helps your phone talk to your computer (this software is called a driver). I found some websites that link to Blu Studio 6.0 drivers, but will hold off on linking them to you in order to find how reliable these downloads are.

You are not alone with this problem. Others have suggested checking the USB port too. You can see that suggestion here: USB Device Not Recognized.

Keep us up to date!

I tried two of the drivers with help from a computer repair friend and finnaly just bought a new phone that will download to my PC.

"try to download" or just "download"

I found this, but am going to try it! Have to admit will never buy a BLU phone again after this!!!

How do I transfer files from my Blu phone to my computer?

Move files by USB

1. Download and install Android File Transfer on your computer.
  2. Open Android File Transfer. ...
  3. Unlock your Android device.
  4. With a USB cable, connect your device to your computer.
  5. On your device, tap the "Charging this device via USB" notification.
  6. Under "Use USB for," select File Transfer.

When you connect your phone to your computer you should see an icon to show it's connected. If you pull down the top notification bar you should see the connected message and if you touch it you can change the transfer mode. This will either be an option to use as mass or to transfer files or photos.

Great … in my case i didn’t need to install Android File Transfer . I just tapped in the “USB computer connection” notification (just scrolled down the screen to get the notifications) and chose “File Transfer “ option . Right after G8 appeared in my File Transfer screen in the computer !!! Solved …. now i can access files into my BLU G8 phone.

*Just a remark … Once i disconnect the USB cable and reconnect , the notification didn’t came up again .. in order to fix it i just restarted the cell phone .

Lekisha Burrows will be eternally grateful.