The Moto Z is an Android smartphone developed by Motorola. Unveiled on June 9, 2016, it allows MotoMods and external speakers, projectors, etc.

Moto Z Dead, need to replace the motherboard

My Moto z isn't turning on. The service centre guys told me that they need to change to motherboard and it won't be covered under warranty because I rooted it. Please help me change the Mobo manually.

It's been 3 months since my phone died, and the Mobo is still not available. Someone please help.

I'm not sure. My phone's model is XT1650-03 carrier unlocked. And this one is XT1650-01 Verizon. But I'll check it out. Thanks a lot.

You should not have rooted it without realizing the risks... Was the issue after you attempted to root it?

How can we help you replace a motherboard you won't be able to get?

Ask XDA forums.

Yes this happened after rooting. Do you know where to get the motherboard? It's not on eBay.

Are you sure it's the motherboard? Take it to a different service center and say you didn't root it and they wouldn't be able to find out if the motherboard is dead.

I've tried with multiple service centres in various cities. They all said the same thing. And even the other repair guys told me that changing the Mobo is the only option.

Manish will be eternally grateful.