Won't turn on after screen replacement

Ok I replaced my Iphone 6s screen today. At first before I took off the old screen the worked despite the digitizer and lcd being broken. So I took off the old screen and put the home button and everything back in the correct way. The new screen won't show anything. When I plug it into my macbook it asks for permission and to confirm it on the screen. Does that mean the phone is still on and I just can't see anything on the screen? I've tried the holding down the power button to reset it that didn't do anything. I've tried holding down power and home to no avail. I've tried shining a light at it to see if the backlight was messed up the screen doesn't show anything. Any other suggestions?

If you cant see anything on the screen, even with the old screen on youve either blown a ferrite or the lcd driver chip on the motherboard, I fix these all the time from people that have done their own screen replacements and not disconnected the battery first.

The old screen still lights up just it's cracked LCD and digitizer. So I'm beginning to think it's the new screen that is bad. I will replace it and post back to let y'all know if it was or not.

If the new screen isnt working, just by deduction you have a bad screen if the old screen still works. First rule of problem solving, try it with a known working part, if the part works, the problem is the other part.

how do you fix it?

well, the screen works perfectly on another 6s.. but it won't work on the one i'm doing the replacement on..

Have you checked that the phone is turned on successfully by plugging it into a computer and checking iTunes to see if it detects it as 'iPhone locked with passcode' / 'Trust this device to computer'?

Most Helpful Answer

This happens sometimes, with newer iPhones. Disconnect everything, including the battery. Discharge the phone by holding down the power button, after you've done this. Then reconnect everything and power it back on. Hopefully you haven't damaged anything during the initial repair

Tried that nothing on the screen iTunes recognizes it when hooked up just nothing from screen. Old LCD lights up even though cracked. So any chance it's just this screen or what? When I call it it doesn't ring or anything but iTunes still detects it.

When iTunes recognises it does it say it is in recovery mode? If yes then sounds like iOS 10 decided to brick itself like usual and requires either an update or restore to fix.

A black screen lit up may indicate the phone is stuck in DFU recovery mode.

Yes it detected recovery mode when I put it into recovery. I can't tell if it's in dfu mode as I can't see anything on the screen it's like there's no light on the screen at all. So I would have to update it to see if that corrects the problem?

Okay, it's 99% likely a defective screen.

Yep. Get a new screen

Steven will be eternally grateful.