Released July 2016 as a budget smartphone, exclusively for Metro PCS, under model number Z981.

Factory Phone app keeping crashing won't open!

Every time I open the phone app it keeps crashing and saying "Unfortunately the phone app has stopped working." I shut off my phone and it worked once but that was it. Keeps saying the same thing afterwards.

Most Helpful Answer

Find phone app clear cache then erase data and press OK..Try to make call now, it should work just fine.

Hope this works for all good day!!

Worked for me! Thanks! :)

This worked on my mother's phone! Thank you! :)

It may help if you tell me which smartphone you have but try this solution, go to settings then application manager then go to All apps tab ans search for those two apps, "phone and Contacts" just before continuing backup your contacts to your SIM card or SD card if they're stored in the phone storage. enter the app setting and Force close it then press Clean data the cache will be automatically cleaned in the processes. then reboot the phone for the apps to auto start again.

if you still encounter the issue you may need to reset your phone and this means deleting everything in the phone (only apps and settings your storage will remain untouched, well if you do it the right way). and if this doesn't work also, i guess the only solution would be to install a new firmware/flash and that depends on what smartphone you have.

I would check for a system update before using this method to avoid losing all of your data and/or applications.

This happened when i had zte zmax pro brand new. I installed all my desired app and factory phone app stopped working. I tried the clear data thingy on the phone and contact and worked after reboot but it happened again after 1 testcall. Did it again and same issue occured. So I end up doing the factory reset and so far, after 3weeks of fixing it, i never encountered it again.

Why isn't my phone working?

I'm a sales representative at MetroPCS. We had a customer with this problem and simply had to check for a system update in the settings under about phone. We updated the system to the latest version and it seemed to work fine!

i had this problem and I reset the phone to factory settings....It has worked beautifully after that ...Save all data...Apps remain, but passwords need to be reentered

Jen will be eternally grateful.