What is (unknown error 56) iPhone 6

I am getting unknown error 56 on an iPhone 6. I have used three different computers. I changed out the screen on this phone but I did retain the same home button. The phone was working perfectly fine up until trying to upgrade to 10.2. Thanks for any help.

i also have the same issue error 56 when try to upgrade to ipsw 10.2 and now 10.2.1 is out still same.

According to the iPhone Wiki:

''Error 56

Most likely a dead/glitched Touch ID sensor. If seen on iPad's, try restoring the latest firmware in DFU mode. If error still occurs, bring your device to Apple. On iPhones, take out the SIM card and try restoring in DFU mode. If still occurring, bring your device to apple.''

ifixit actually has a video on this that i had a similar issue earlier in the week. it is explained here in their video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IEWAQiu...

Hope it helps!

its due to a fault nfc ic

That is wrong, NFC fault is error 53.

@pccheese it's still an answer even so we may think it is wrong. Not a good choice for a REMOVE AS NOT AN ANSWER vote. ;-)

I can confirm error 56 gone after NFC reflow or reball

Error 56 occurs when you try to update or restore your I phone with a hardware glitch. once occurred 90 % cases your phone needs an I C (U5301RF) change. 10 % cases it can be solved through updating itunes, turning off your anti virus, removing other USB devices from your computer or restore with another computer.

Garry Anderson will be eternally grateful.