Compact video camera recorder/tape recorder Released 1989, Model No. CCD-TR5 Serial No. 257152

Camera won't turn on after being in perfect working order?

The camera was in perfect working order. Playback worked and I could see through the viewfinder. But as soon as I put in a new tape, the camera recorded for 4 seconds and the caution light blinked and the footage glitched and shut off. Now the camera won't respond when plugged in to the DC cable or with a battery. The battery has been tested and it's good and my camera is in Standby mode. It shows blinking zeros on the screen by the power buttons but will not start playback or record. I also cannot see through the viewfinder. It also will not eject the new 8mm tape.

It looks like your tape is stuck, Why you dont just try to let it repair at a store depending in wich city you live. It also can be bad capacitors in camera (Sorry for my english, I'M From holland.)

Isabela Kunkel will be eternally grateful.