Why won't it turn on?

I plug the controller in to my PC or Xbox and it won't turn on, Any help is appreciated

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

I know i am a little late here, but i ran into a similar problem. For me, my controller would flicker on but then turn off and even if it did turn on i could not use it. I fixed it by, plugging it into the xbox one, turning off the xbox one and unplugging it. I then rebooted the xbox one and the controller worked.

I have rebooted my xbox multiple time and still get the same results

Majority of the time it's the USB port on the controller. These devices are plug and play. If this fixed your issue I'd imagine it's a rare issue. It's not like a wireless controller that needs to re-sync after using it on another console.

the controller is not the problem, i found thats its more of the cord that ends up breaks before the end first. so i recommend trying a new cord to see if that helps.

This can happen too. I do have cords that have bad connections as well. Swap cords with a known good one and see if it works.

Controller is $@$*. Had it maybe one month, worked fine until today. Mid match lights shut off and all buttons register left on dpad. Rebooted Xbox, performed reset steps,changed usb plug and port. Controller won’t power up or function. Only the small white light above the Xbox button illuminates. Anyone have this issue? My guess is it’s done. Get what I pay for I guess. Pos

Help please!?

I have same issue . It’s &&^&@@

I literally just ran into this problem and I hit the controller with my hand and the controller lit back up and is back working lol so try doing the same

Have you tried a different USB port? I had a problem with my PDP controller randomly turning the xbox on.. Then would not turn on itself. Turned out to be a USB port problem.

Mine just randomly cut off last night when I was playing on my Xbox one and it hasn't came back on tried to plug it in to another port did work

yea but what if the controller need a special usb cord??

yes I have tried the back of the xbox one usb. And the side. also reset it... my afterglow is brand new also fresh out the box and this happened

I just unplug it and plug it back in.

My controls having the same issue in &&^&^$^ !#^&@@, it's worked fine for so long and one of just doesn't work at all I don't want to spend another 30$ on a &&^&^$^ controller so it can last 3 months and break

The USB connector on the controller is damaged. If you have the tools and ability to do so, unsolder the connector and solder on a new one.

Afterglow Prismatic Wired Controller for Xbox One Micro USB connector Replacement

Reece will be eternally grateful.