2.0GHz, 2.3GHz, or 2.6GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.

Loose CPU heatsink on MBPr 15" (pictures inside)

Hello, I have swapped my mbpr ssd and opened it for the 1st time...

I have noticed that one of the sockets on the motherboard where the heatsink screws are, is out of its place. The other 3 screws seems fine. You can see that in the image (sorry for the dust, will clean it before closing it back :))

Before doing anything, what do you recommend? is there any special glue for motherboards???

thank you!

picture: http://forums.macrumors.com/attachments/...

Well I've seen some failures but this is a new one for me!

So you have a few options here, take the system in to an Apple store to see what they say. It should be covered under warranty as it's clearly a manufauring defect. Will they cover it, I don't know. But I would try that first.

As to refitting the stud back onto the logic board, it will take some effort as you'll need to remove the logic board place the board on a block so only the area under the stud is supported as you don't want to damage any of the small components on the backside of the PCB.

You'll need some Cyanoacrylate glue (Super Glue) carefully wet the logic board wall and press the stud back in. I would recommend using a stud press and slowly press it back in.

Speed is your enemy here as pressing too fast will cause the laminates to spit apart.

Good Luck!

david will be eternally grateful.