Coffee brewer released in 2013. This specific Keurig can be identified by its model number K70 listed on the bottom plate of the brewer and is a single cup brewer.

Why won't my Keurig brew a full cup?

Every morning I brew a cup of coffee before I go to work. As of lately, I noticed that my cup isn't full. I end up making another batch of coffee, because the cup is partially filled.

I also have the half cup issue. I have descaled many times with little success. Now what? Is there a component that fails that causes this problem? If so, can I replace that part myself?

Using the Keurig without cleaning it can get the coffee maker to not work as well. Over time the water line will need to be cleaned to allow it to run better. Using a descaling solution (white vinegar and water) and running it through the system will clean up the Keurig and it will fill the cup up all the way again. It also would help to fill the tank all the way to the top to make more coffee.

My Keurig starts making my coffee and within a second or two the flow of coffee slows down to a stream I try descaling I am out of ideas

yes me too. i have also completed the descale technique but still it only brews a smaller cup than normal. and it seems like the pump is not making enough pressure as it is only a drip or two of water at a time. maybe time for a new machine after 2 years?

Yep. I have the same problem with mine. Have descaled, clean needles and blown in line. Seems like it runs out of pressure before cup is finished, no matter what size cup I try to brew. I only make one cup a day, maybe that is the problem. However, for the machine to last about a year is too expensive. This is my second machine. I am going to look for an alternative way to make coffee. Maybe another brand. Don't know yet

Hmm, we have the "couple of drips of water" problem at work. I've inherited the Keurig machine now. I was intrigued by the "burping" solution below, but I'm betting that's not a permanent solution. My diagnostic belief is that the single impeller pump below the water reservoir is the source of the problem. I know I can access/remove/replace the pump, and I'll bet a suitable replacement pump can be purchased for less than $10. More on this as I make more progress (maybe including pictures).

Mine does this too...but it started a week after we got it...only 5 cups brewed. Does it really get dirty so quickly?

Most Helpful Answer

Seems silly - but turn it upside down and hit the bottom - it's called "burping" it. Has worked for me every time.

Thanks! This worked! I turned it upside down and it burped. Wow!

Thank you for the burping tip. I did all the needle cleaning with no improvement and the bang on the bottom worked. I am getting a full cup.

I can’t believe this worked but it did. Burp away!

I can’t believe it either. Burping worked. Making coffee again just like new!!!

truly look forwarding to HITTING it.......If it doesn't work, at least i will feel better. ginger westin

Some things I have found as I cruised the internet looking for a solution to this problem:

1) Most commonly, the upper puncture needle becomes clogged. This needle pierces the top "paper" in the center and pushes hot water into the K-cup. The solution is to run an unfolded paper clip up each of the three channels in the needle to clear the blockage.

2) Also referenced is a clogged lower puncture needle. This needle puts a hole in the edge of the plastic "cup" to provide a drain where brewed coffee can exit the K-cup.

3) Calcium build-up in the lines can restrict flow. Periodic descaling with vinegar is the fix for this build-up. Run several reservoirs full of plain water to purge the system of residual vinegar.

4) The exit from the water reservoir may be clogged. Taking the plate off the bottom gives access to the drain and filter. It is easily done just, need a screwdriver and a pair of pliers to take a pinch clamp off tubing.

5) It has been reported that a resounding blow or two to an upside down Keurig has started good flow.

6) Air pressure from an air pump drives the hot water out of the boiler, through the K-cup and into your coffee cup. A failing air pump can deliver a cup less full. There is a very simple way to lubricate the diaphragms in the air pump with vegetable oil. Replacing the air pump is not so simple and requires significant disassembly of your Keurig. https://youtu.be/2A_Rq1jxgwc

None of these solutions worked. I have shaken, burped, paperclipped, and vinegared to zero avail. My favorite bit of adding insult to injury was the answer to “simply remove the bottom tray with a screwdriver” when two of the screws require a weird hexagonal tool that normal people don’t have. Ridiculous. Anyways, I’m kind of relieved that we can go back to using our old coffee pot. It makes way better coffee anyway.

After doing all the non-disassembly tips I tried to run vinegar and water through it. The result was that now it won’t work at all.

michelinval will be eternally grateful.