The Samsung Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Verizon, manufactured by Samsung Electronics America

Tablet went dead and won't turn on

My device doesn't power on when I press the power button, and doesn't seem to be responding to anything. I tried connecting it to a charger, but to no avail. What potential issues might've caused my device to stop turning on?

Most Helpful Answer

Try plugging it into power and then press and hold Volume Up, Home, and Power at the same time. After a few seconds the Samsung Logo should appear. If it does not then I would say either the battery has gone bad or the charge port has.

Press the power button, and hold it for several seconds. If the device does not power on, it's possible the battery is faulty and won't hold a charge. Connect the device to a power source and wait for several minutes. If there is no indication the device is charging, try charging the device using a different micro-USB cable and adapter.

Someone may have accidentally put tablet into safe mode or power off mode.. You may need to open the back up and remove the battery to allow any residual power to drain away. I left my battery out for 30 minutes as I was told. Seems one of the kids put tablet into power off mode meaning I couldn't turn it on.. At first I thought the battery was gone. But using a voltage reader it showed the battery was at a healthy 4.30V. Back to Google I went.. Then I found this idea and voila.,

Dave Dorzback will be eternally grateful.