Bluetooth Speaker not charging.

my Bluetooth speaker stopped charging one day. As far as I know it did not suffer any physical damage or anything of sorts. I used to carry it with me sometimes but usually in a bag.

It still has some juice in it because it turns on but after a few seconds turns itself of with not enough battery. LED indicator doesn't even lit up when I connect it to USB cable.

I already opened the device and well everything looks in place. So, if anyone have any idea of what might be the faulty part I would be grateful for suggestions.

It's actually pretty cheap but I am kinda curious what went wrong.

Thank you.

@raggedyman , Dusan, If battery completely discharged try leaving on charge 24 hours. Try a couple different USB charge cables and different charge port or compatible charger. You can test to see if battery is receiving a charge by placing a DVOM on the batteries -/+ leads, check battery before plugging in then check with charger cable plugged in to see if voltage increased(which would tell you charge cable/port is OK) and battery defective and will not receive/hold sufficient charge.

Look on the battery it self for #'s etc. and google search for a replacement possibly.Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Similar problem with my XianoMi speaker as well. Stopped taking a charge. Led does not light at all. Will try long duration chrg cycle. Not sure how to take unit apart to check / replace possible faulty battery. Tips / how to disassemble model: NDZ-03-GB?

Jason H. Tear down link below for Xiaomi (Mi) Mini Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (NDZ-03-GA). Good luck. I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

http://goughlui.com/2015/05/01/review-te...

Thank you for suggested link but it is for NDZ-03-GA (round single spkr). Specific Bluetooth speaker I have NDZ-03-GB (rectangular dual spkr). Tried long charge, nada. Unit not working, became determined. First step to get face plate off. Used wide wood chisel to wedge between plastic / aluminum frame, gently twisted either side to lift plate up / off. Eight small screws on metal face plate. Plastic back can then pry off in same fashion. Very fine wiring to each spkr. Problem battery well glued (probably silicone) seems cheap and soft, likely to rip apart during extraction. Might give up and buy another speaker if this thing more dangerous than it's worth - jh

Jason H, Sorry the link did not pan out, well you did make some head way on the speaker. I have heard of some people using heat(hair dryer) on the back side of device to heat area of where glue is holding battery to aid in releasing(not too hot) and a very flexible putty knife blade to pry and cut away at that type of sealant/glue. Hey if at any time you start feeling uncomfortable/ in danger, STOP, as it is not worth it. Treat yourself, buy another speaker. Have a good evening.

Dusan Durajka will be eternally grateful.