Dymo LabelManager 160 is fast, compact and lightweight, making it easy to label just about anything, anywhere. Type quickly on the computer-style QWERTY keyboard, edit with one-touch fast-formatting keys and print for perfect, professional labels every time.

Ribbon doesn't move when printing

I push the 'print' button' and , although it make some sound, and one of the wheels is turning (the one on the middle bottom) the ribbon doesn't move.

How to fix it?

changed cartridge and still doer not put out tape !

Another possible problem to look for: when you close the door to the tape-holding compartment, look to see whether the writing head moves to pinch the ink ribbon and printed tape together. If it does not, the hinged wire and spring component with a hook at the end may no longer be attached to a plastic eyelet that normally allows this pinching action to occur. This can be challenging to fix, which is a shame, because a tiny plastic part brings down the whole operation. I have not managed yet to fix this on my own label maker.

I fixed it! So, as above, the tiny arm was not pinching the tape onto the white roller, so it was not able to print anything on the tape. Soo... I kept the door open, got the LabelMaker all ready to print, all I'd have to do is press the Print button. Then I'd stick a paperclip behind the little arm to force it to pinch the tape against the white roller, then I'd hit Print, while I was doing this, AND IT WOULD WORK. The problem is, sometimes I wouldn't press hard enough on the arm, and it would have long streaks of white in the print area. But it was perfect if I pressed on the arm hard enough, so that it was pinchign the tape tightly. I emailed Dymo to see if there was a way I could fix this. I can't do this everytime.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Hi!

I would suggest that you try a different cartridge. Most likely the ribbon is broken inside the cartridge. You can test this by turning the spool in the direction of the arrow with the cartridge out of the machine. These cartridges are designed to be removed/swapped in mid cartridge, so you won't be messing anything up by pulling it out.

Cheers!

If you found that information to be useful, please Up Vote or Accept Answer

I've already tried with a new cartridge so I don't think this to be the problem :/

Hi!

Would you be able to post a pic of the compartment?

Cheers,

Joshua

I tried to view the image, but it says that I do not have permission to view it.

It just downloads when you click this URL.

Great post Congratulations! in Brazil I use ribbons from Adegraf, it has taken care of well! Ribbon Elgin

Had same problem with first tape cartridge I installed, which is the same one that came with my Dymo model 160. I removed the cartridge, got out my magnifying glass, and, looking at the side of the cartridge you see when it is installed in the DYMO, found the spot at which the white tape is supposed to separate from the printer cartridge ribbon. This point is about 1/2 inch below the letter “D” in the brand name DYMO on the cartridge. There was already about 1/4 inch white tape sticking out from the point where the black printer ribbon heads back into the cartridge. I managed to grab this small length of white tape and pull it out about 2 inches while preventing the black printer ribbon from moving at all. You can prevent the black tape from moving by using something that fits in the hole, like a pencil eraser, to keep the ribbon spool from moving. The ribbon spool hole is located about 1/2 inch above and to the right of the “O” in the work DYMO. I then cut off all but a quarter inch of the white tape, reinstalled the cartridge, and now have a working Dymo. Good luck. This worked for me.

cesderty will be eternally grateful.