Released in 2010, the HP Deskjet 1055 is an all-in-one printer, scanner, and copier.

I changed the ink but it won't print

I changed my ink both black and tri color but my HP Deskjet1055 Printer won't print

do you get an indication light ....error sign

Hi Sharon, if your HP printer is still unable to print after recycling the Ink Cartridges, it's most possible due to improper alignment of it.

Try these steps:

Open HP print manager -->> Select setting and maintenance -->> Select align print cartridges

Now take out printed paper, you will see two dot lines parallel in red and black. Examine the alignment of the lines, click the numbers and letters for the best alignment, a dialogue box will appear to your screen, click continue, a new page will be print, now check whether these alignments are correctly printed on the paper, if you found irregularity over alignments, repeat this step 3 or 4 times to continue.

h/t: How to Set-up Print Cartridges to the HP Printers?

1. Make sure ink cartridges are snapped into place and are properly installed in their appropriate slot.

2. Double check to make sure that you’ve removed the tape over the vent if you installed a new cartridge.

3. Check if the vents of the cartridges are clogged. You can fix this by gently using a pin to clean up the clog on the vent.

4. Try using a different ink cartridge to determine if your printer is able to recognize cartridges. If your printer used to work with an old cartridge, try installing that old cartridge again and see if your printer produces any sort of output–any shade of gray will do.

We just need to determine whether if it’s the cartridge or the printhead that’s causing problems. If your printer is able to print something with the old cartridge, then it’s not the printhead. Rather, your new black cartridge may be faulty and needs to be replaced. For HP Printer Support visit https://goo.gl/nZsdYS

Sharon Laughlin will be eternally grateful.