A 15.6" business notebook released by HP in 2010 that replaced the 4510s.

Help! My fan is so loud! What is going on?

My HP ProBook 4520s fan is really loud and seems to be running a lot. My laptop is warmer than usual too.

Its a common sign that your computer might be dusty inside. On top of that, your laptop is about 6 years old now.

When your fan starts going crazy, open "Windows Task Manager" (By pressing Ctrl + Shift + ESC key on your keyboard).

When "Windows Task Manager" shows up, go to the "Processes" tab, click on "CPU" and take a screenshot using "Snipping Tool". Once that's done, go to the "Performance" tab and take another screenshot.

How to open "Snipping tool"

"Windows Task Manager" Processes and Performance tabs

Reply to this question and post your pictures here. We might be able to help you out. I have a feeling you might have a lot of programs opened at the same time, thats why your computer fan is going crazy.

Your fan might be dusty so try cleaning the fan vents. Take a look at the troubleshooting page for additional help on the issue.

Heidi Bell will be eternally grateful.