Beats won't turn on

Whenever I try to turn on my beats solo 2 wireless, the lights just all flash white and followed by one red light, and then the same thing 2 more times. I am not trying to reset my beats when I am turning them on, and I tried charging my beats to full battery, and when I turn my beats on I know I am not holding the power button to long or to short. Apple won't take my headphones to repair since they are 5 days over the warranty... Please help.

I have the same issue. Did you get any solution to it ?

Most Helpful Answer

Fixed mine. I have a first-gen wireless. I tried these combinatons:

1. power button + b-button 120s or 10s, usb-plugged in or not

2. power button + volume down 120s or 10s, usb-plugged in or not

3. power button + volume up 120s or 10s, usb-plugged in or not

The only combo that worked for me was: power button + volume up 120s usb-plugged-in. Spend about 2 hours researching and trying out all combinations.

Hope it will work for you too.

ps. also tried

- plugging-in/unplugging 3.5mm audio cable (didn't work)

- tried to update firmware (new computer usb-c couldn't even detect the headphones)

- reset using beats support page instructions (didn't work)

Thanks a lot. Worked for me.

Hi Maks,

Have you tried to reset them?

The Beats support page has a KB page about it.

https://www.beatsbydre.com/support/how-t...

I hope this helps.

You haven't found anything yet? Besides the reset thingy

Did anyone find a solution to this? I have the same problem and it is not working, it's my first time trying to connect to the wireless mode as well.

I actually had the same problem I went on YouTube and figured out how to open them up unhooked the battery for about 5 minutes hooked it back up and they worked like new...

I actually had the same problem.. went on YouTube figured out how to open them up... which is very carefully because on the videos they don't tell you there's a wire connected to the side cap.. then I unhooked the battery for about 5 minutes hooked it back up and wouldn't you know it those suckers are working like new

The thing that John did, did not help mine

You have a short circuit on the wires in the left side. It's a group of 5 wires coming from the PCB to the 3.5 mm connector. Those wires get smashed by the vibration and start to short or simple opens killing a channel.

It is a though job, but you have to open the left side, top and bottom, loose the cables (glued and soldered) and try to isolate the wires making sure they aren't broken.

It is a micro connector with 5 wires. The red one is the control that probably is shorting.

blue and black are pos left and right and green and gold are the neg left and right.

Yesterday I was at the gym and my Beats Solo Wireless 2 Active turned off out of nowhere. I turned them back on but they would turn off again within 10-45 seconds each time. I plugged them in to charge but the LED lights indicate that the battery is 100% full. I have reset them multiple times. I now can get them to turn on approximately 1 in every 5 times that I press the power button.

Any suggestions?

Maks McMuffin will be eternally grateful.