The Motorola Moto G, model XT1064, is the 2014 successor to the Moto G, equipped with a 5-inch 720p display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor. It is Motorola's attempt at making an affordable smartphone.

Phone died and won't charge

I've had my Motorola moto g2 for about a year now, and last week it died due to it not being able to charge, and it still won't charge now. I've tried opening fastboot menu but whenever I select an option the screen just goes black again. Anyone know what I should do?

Couple questions, have you noticed it being harder and harder to charge/ plug in over time?

Have you checked and made sure your phone's charger isn't to blame?

And have you noticed a significant decrease in battery life?

Take a peek inside the charging port and see if anything in there is bent, also try plugging it in and moving the cable from side to side, if it moves a significant amount it's probably the charging port.

This is a problem with the battery and the charger. In this model, as a factory problem, sometimes the battery can not be started. So it needs a kind of shock to take over the battery protection. Most chargers are 750 mA. So you should take a strong charger like 1.4, 1.5 A or 2.0 A to start the phone and keep it to the end. It is not difficult to find this charger but they will be generic. Sometimes you will have to keep this charger eternally. Do not worry, it will not burn your phone. Keep some minutes and wait to try to start.

Lars Harrison will be eternally grateful.