0.622kg (1.4 lb) tablet with a 10.8 inch display and 3 position kickstand released by Microsoft on May 5, 2015

LCD Connector is damaged, help!

Hey all,

The connector where the LCD plugs in on my surface 3 was damaged during a screen replacement. The issue is I dont know what the part is called or where to purchase a new one.

Please help me

This is the connector in question. This is on the main logic board and the LCD flex plugs into it. The black piece that clamps down on the flex is gone and there is a missing pin.

Is it on the LCD or the logic board?

The connector on the board was damaged in case that wasnt clear.

[image|907316]

Mike check the update. Looks to be a internal 35 pin logic board LCD connector.

Mike, if you can post a picture of damaged connector, it would be a big help to ifixit , I believe the connector is the mother board ribbon connector. Check the attached link and see if it is the motherboard connector, Good luck.

I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button.

Microsoft Surface 3 Display Replacement

Mike, Looks to be a internal 35 pin logic board LCD connector. Hope the link is what you want, you can also try a search yourself for (35 pin lcd connector)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/20-P...

Posted a picture below showing the connector.

Mike Smith will be eternally grateful.