The Dell Inspiron 15 (N5050) is a mid-sized laptop manufactured by Dell, Inc. that operates on Windows 7. The laptop features include a WLED HD display screen and a max supported memory of 8 GB.

Laptop won't turn on unless charger is plugged in

My laptop recently stopped working without the power adapter plugged in. Now, it only turns on if the battery is charging. What can I do to fix this?

My dell laptop only starts and runs when attached to charger. I thought it was probably the battery so I replaced it with a new one but still have the same problem

so i have a Asus touch screen laptop it wont turn on only if i connect it to the charger

Your battery may be dying, or your battery might not be receiving power properly from your power adapter. You might need to consider replacing your battery if the problem continues. You can replace your battery using the following guide: Dell Inspiron N5050 Battery Replacement

I would replace the battery myself.

There is probably a battery test available in the bios when it first boots which should give some indication of the health of the battery.

Try replacing the battery.

Oh hey your back! nice to see you!

What do you mean 'You're back'? I'm always on. My activity on here depends if I have notifications or not.

You may have a fault with your laptop battery. To fix this you could replace your laptop battery with the same model as your laptop.

Danielle Montemayor will be eternally grateful.