Released in 2015 as an upgrade to the Cloud headset.

Can anyone help me identify which wires go to the left, Right,Ground

For Reference : This is the Left Earpad .The Mic has the gold and red wire leading to it on the bottom right

I'm facing the exact same issue right now. The wiring is more than just weird. Any chance you'd figured it out?

i have the same problem and i read all solutions but i still dont know exactly wher the wires have to be can somebody just tell me the wires from the left to right? (like: red wire to the left)

There is usually a standard with headphone jacks BUT some manufacturers swap them around to make it a 'proprietary' connection, meaning that unless you can test it with an Ohmmeter and repair/build your own you have to buy their parts.

Here are 2 images showing the 2 most likely connection options. The first is the conventional (standard connection and the second shows the standard and the other more common one.

If you have a DMM (Digital MultiMeter -Ohmmeter function), check for continuity from the earphone to see which wire goes to the tip of the jack. That will most probably be the left speaker. The next point on the jack is known as the ring and that is the right speaker, the next is the sleeve 1 which depending on the manufacturer is either the common (ground) or the microphone. The last connection, sleeve 2, is again either the common or the microphone.

Hopefully this is of some help.

I had to fix my headset jack on my Hyper X cloud II's. I also could not find the exact wire layout. When you cut off your broken jack and strip the cloth/rubber cord you will see the following colors.

Blue, Green, Red/Green and another black sleeve. In this black sleeve are the mic wires, strip that and you see Red and Copper. The wiring is Blue left speaker, Green right speaker, Reg/Green ground and again the Red with Copper are the microphone. Important...For the mic wires the Red and Copper, the copper is a ground so it needs to be soldered with the red/green and then soldered to the new jack ground post. Then solder the Blue to the left, the Green to the right and the Red mic wire to the mic position and your headset should come back to life.

Hello, did you solder with "iphone" or "nokia" connection?

Duvan Vaca what are you saying?

Sorry, I attach this image so you can see the jack connection

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/ig...

What connection did you use?

I found many different cabling schemes for this headphone. But yours is the good one. From Tip to Back of the plug: Blue (left) Green (right) GND (Green/red and copper) Red (mic). Beware, soldering zones for the wires are sometimes inverted from this. Mine was in that inverted case.

I'm a pro audio/ lighting person and I can attest that all of the above answers are correct. I was looking to remove the switch and volume control knob on my pair because of a crappy pot that has been crackling since I bought the cans, otherwise these are totally acceptable computer headphones. I stripped the wires and found the mic red+/copper(ground) cables in the black sheath, as well as the right(green) and left(blue) cables for the cans, plus the speaker ground which is two stripey cables before the switch, and one after. A couple of observations:

1. The shielding on these are crazy thin clear plastic, so much that you don't really need to try to get that off before soldering, assuming you have a high enough heat soldering iron.

2. After removing the switch I cracked it open and it's got more than just a pot and a simple switch in it, although I didn't look that closely. I am getting significantly more gain out of the headset after removing it, and I don't have the problem where it crackles and one ear cuts off.

Ahh, is that why the cables could touch each other without interference? I was trying to tie the cables together just to test them and it didn't work. If I use my soldering iron will it get rid of that thin plastic? Thanks

Well I think I figured it out now:

The 2 headphones are connected in series (white cable) and the mic is connected separately (black cable).

Both black and white cable are connected to the headphone input jack.

I call the headphone piece in your image the left piece.

The connectors on the left headphone piece I call 1 to 3 from left to right:

1.) Left headphone V+

2.) GND

3.) Right headphone V+ (it's just soldered there to hold it in place, it's not actually connected to left headphone)

The wiring to the jack is exactly as on the photograph of @jayeff

4Tip-left Speaker-Blue

3Ring 1-Right Speaker-Green

2Ring 2- is it Mic or Ground ? Red or Red/Green?

1Sleeve- is it Ground or Mic ? Red/Green or Red?

for Hyper x cloud II

Got a message from Kingston Tech Support they use CTIA wiring standard

Tip- Left Speaker-Blue

Ring 1- Right Speaker-Green

Ring 2- Ground- Red/Green

Sleeve- Mic- Red

Mark Murphy will be eternally grateful.