The Bose SoundLink Mini II is a Wireless Bluetooth Speaker that delivers high quality audio from a compact design . The device weighs approximately 1.5 pounds and has a Bluetooth range advertised up to 30 feet. The device was released after June 26, 2015 and is Identified by model number 725192-1110.

The red indicator light continues to flush when being charged

The battery on my Bose sound link 2 level indicator continues to flash red during charging. I have tried to reset the devise with no luck.

Most Helpful Answer

I actually contacted Bose on Twitter @BoseService and they asked me to send it back for repairs after the firmware update didn't work! DM'd them my name, address, phone number, e-mail, and serial number on my Soundlink Mini II. They sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label and said it should be about 3 weeks.

You should try updating the device firmware here, hope that works

http://btu.bose.com/

This is a major issue with this product. SoundLink® Mini Bluetooth® speaker II

Red light flashes. Unit will not power up. Battery in sleep mode - (Lithium undervolt shutdown). Unable to by-pass battery and power up via mains. Unable to link with computer to do the famous firmware upgrade everyone mentions. (My firmware is up to date anyway)

I got lateral and wondered if I could use some generic lithium wake up techniques for batteries in other applications such as drills. Trouble is.... the bloody battery is hard wired onto the motherboard (???????) WTF

When was the last time you saw that? I'm not going to risk the motherboard while messing with the battery.

I've looked all over the web for DIY advice, and the closest thing to an answer has been here, above: 'send it in for service'. Doesn't that just totally fly in the face of this site?

With regards to your last question, "Doesn't that just totally fly in the face of this site", I would say not necessarily.

Whilst this site is all about fixing it, if the device still had a valid manufacturer's warranty period left on it, then I'd say yes, return it for a warranty service before attempting to fix it yourself thus possibly voiding the warranty.

To my mind at least this will make the manufacturers more accountable for their products and also give them feedback regarding problems with their product. If enough people did this when their warranty was valid it would compel the more reputable manufacturers to lift their game and weed out the ones that don't care about service.

If the offered warranty provisions are considered poor buy another product that is better in this regard or get onto your legislators to get them to improve the rights of the consumer. e.g. why does a product (not talking about Bose in this case) have a 12 month warranty in one country and the same product only have a 90 day warranty in the USA. Makes you think doesn't it.

William Sanderson will be eternally grateful.