Wireless router released October 2007, model number is WGR614v9.

My router suddenly quit working and won't turn on

Internet stopped and now router won't turn back on

Is it plugged into an outlet controlled by a switch? Maybe the switch is in the off position.

I had the same issue

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Are there any lights, especially the power light (is it blinking green and amber or is it solid green) showing on the router when you power it up and turn it on?

(A blinking green and amber power light indicates corrupted firmware in the router which may be rectified by reinstalling the firmware).

If so which lights are on?

If not have you got a compatible known working power adapter to see if it works with it.

(see image , select for your location - they are all 12V DC 1A output only the input varies to suit your location - make sure that the DC plug is compatible with the router as well)

If there is still no light indications at all with a new adapter then there is a problem with the power circuits in the router.

On my charter modem, all lights are on except the power light. Is it possible it is on and the light is just burnt out. Thanks

Hi @ skellsfam,

Is the modem working OK, i.e. can you access the internet or your email servers etc?

Can you access the modem's User Interface OK?

If the answer to both of the above is yes then there is a good chance that the modem's power light is faulty, possibly due to a bad connection to the light somewhere in the modem, as it is unusual for LED lights to fail. (although it can happen).

What is the model number of your modem?

If the answer to the above is no, it may be that the modem is locked up somehow, if so try resetting it by operating the reset button which on most modems is located under a pinhole in the back of the modem case. (don't know your modem so I'm only guessing it is the same)

If it resets OK you'll have to re enter all your ISP relevant settings again

@jayeff none of my router lights are on at all randomly earlier this afternoon the WiFi symbol disappeared from my phone so I went to the living room just to see if I had to the usual reset process but instead I looked at my router and realized it wasn’t even showing the power symbol I’ve called support and they seem to be no help do u have a solution by any chance

Hi @Shane Dubois,

What is the make and model number of your router if not a Netgear WGR614v9?

Have you checked that the power outlet to which the router is connected is OK?

Have you got another compatible power adapter that you can try to see if that works?

Double check power cord at wall and at router. Locate the router power button and make sure it’s in the on position. If the router piggy-backs off another router unplug both routers and power up routers.

Bob fisher will be eternally grateful.