Wireless gaming headset released in October 2014. The Astro A50 (Model: 3AS50-PSW9N-383) can be used with the XBOX1, PS3, PS4, PC, and Mac.

Volume Wheel: Inconsistency in Volume Control

Can't consistently get the right amount a volume due to a problem with the volume wheel on the a50. Quarter of a revolution upward, and the volume goes to the max. 5-10 revolutions downward to get the volume lowered. What to do to get it working properly again? it's annoying.

Most Helpful Answer

Hello! This post is still relevant, so I'll post my solution here. :)

I had the same problem and the wheel did not feel or hear different physically.

It seems like the person above me just looked at his headset after disassembling it which was his/her mistake.

I did the following; Removed foam, removed 4 screws, removed the next 4 screws.

Everything looked exactly like it should, even the wheel. HOWEVER, I still removed the wheel and placed it back again. I scrolled the wheel and it scrolled like before, so I put on the first case part, with 2 screws, started the headset and the wheel worked like it should again.

To save yourself pain, when you put everything together again, put the screw where the wheel is first and don't screw too tight, you might want to adjust the wheel again then. Once you have that right, screw the next 3, put on the foam of the last case protection before screwing it back on!

Good luck!

I have searched everywhere for an answer to the volume wheel problem, seems like the people that had the problem also had warranty so it was resolved that way. I took mine apart because I read somewhere that someone fixed there and they said the wheel was out of place so they popped it back in and it was fixed. After taking mine apart I could not see what the problem was, it all looked normal. So I went ahead and ordered a new headset, the Siberia 800, which has some good reviews and I can use it with my ps4 and xbox one.

One comment from Astro, was to let the headset die completely, let the battery drain, then it will be fixed once its is fully charged again, I tried this and it did not work.

I might try to fully drain it then flash the firmware to the headset, I will comment back once I do.

Or maybe some one fixed theirs?

Pac Orlando will be eternally grateful.