Replacing USB connector on Dell Venue 7000 (7840)

The usb port on my Dell Venue 8 7840 has become loose and will no longer charge (If I 'jiggle' the usb cable and get it in just the right position inside the port, it will start charging, but it stops charging as soon as I let go of the cord). Can anyone give me advice on how to fix this? Can the USB port be purchased somewhere? Can it be easily swapped out or does it have to be de-soldered? I wasn't able to find any guides for the Dell Venue 8 7840 on ifixit.

Thanks in advance for any help solving this issue.

I have had had three 7840's, and every one of them has had a USB port failure. Dell saved 50¢ each on the best tablet ever made, and destroyed the entire product line.

An OLED 4k Intel-based Android Tablet. What's not to like?

That darned USB port broke on every one of my tablets. One repair shop broke the screen to repair the port, which is not replaced front the front, but the back.

I still need to find a competent repair shop to do this or get a good iFixIt guide for this particular repair.

Help, anyone?

Yes, over a year since my original post and my 7840 is still sitting in a closet waiting to find an answer for the insanely frustrating broken USB port.

David Hill will be eternally grateful.