Repair guides and support for cars manufactured by the Nissan Motor Company Ltd.

Water getting inside the trunk or hatch back of the car.

When it's raining or driving on wet roads there is water on the floor of the trunk (hatch back) of my 2013 Nissan Leaf.

From what I can see: Nissan has trouble with door gasket material being too soft and faililng due to normal sources of abrasions. This I observed while at a Nissan Dealership and talking with the sales department about a new car in the showroom that had been visibly dammaged by customer use. I would look to check for loose and and dammaged rear hatch door weather stripping for the cause of water. Also the rear fender seal if you notice it while in motion as the tires spray lots of water from the road. and the gasket around the rear antenna, or taillights.

I would ask about warranty replacement. Also ask about hidden waranty. If you are not still under warranty I would go online and see if it would work with aftermarket weatherstripping. Try asking service people at several dealerships on the phone asking if there is a well known problem that causes your symptoms.

In searches, I would try Nissan Versa, or other Nissan cars, for similar problems as

Versa is the Gas twin for Leaf and there is a lot more user experience for these because they sell a lot more gas than electric..

I hope this helps.

--Glenn

Josh will be eternally grateful.