A color version of the Nintendo Game Boy, released in 1998. Repair of this device is straightforward.

Why won't my game save?

My gameboy color will play games fine, I'll save the game to continue later, when I turn it on later, there is nothing saved. Is this the game or the gameboy?

https://girlswhatsappnumbers.info/

This is the best place to find out many Girls Whatsapp Numbers Like India, Australia, USA, UK, Australia, Africa and Many More.

Most Helpful Answer

The problem is with the game cartridge itself. The circuit board in the cartridge has a memory battery located inside that needs to be replaced. Every battery that I have seen on the circuit boards needs to be soldered in place. Finding a new battery may be a problem however.

Good luck.

Finding a battery isn't a problem actually. EBay has plenty of sellers that have the correct battery. Search for "CR2025 gameboy battery" on eBay for the original ones and "CR1616 gameboy advance battery" for those. You'll need a soldering set and possibly a female torx bit to get into the older games or possibly a tri-wing screwdriver. Just look at the back of your game to see what you'll need to open it up.

I am having the same problem on Mario Land 2. I have replaced it with the correct CR1616 battery, tested both contacts after installed, have confirmed it's getting the 3volts needed, yet it still is not saving. Can anyone shed some light on this? All forums explain how to replace the battery, which I have done, but it still is not saving.

Thanks you.

I am currently playing on season which I have not long bought and love. Only problem is it just wont save anymore. I have saved my game many time before on seasons but it has just stopped saving for no known reason. I have tried time and time again to save my game on all the different save options bit for some reason it just won't save!

Socure: happy wheels

You said it was a Gameboy Color game, this Narrows down details. Look on the back, if the screw is Phillips, your game is a bootleg. This means that it was produced illegally by someone trying to make profit, and instead of being a real manufactured game, someone just put a ROM dump on it. Also look at the top of the back, if it says nothing on the little bar, it is also a bootleg. Look on the front, if the label looks a bit sketchy, or the top reads "GAME" it's a bootleg.

The reason you don't want a bootleg game is because if you have one, the battery is going to be really unreliable and won't work right.

Its the battery that the file saves on in the cartridge i believe its a CR2025 lithium battery and you will need a 3.8mm security bit to open up the cartridge

You'll need a soldering set and possibly a female torx bit to get into the older games or possibly a tri-wing screwdriver. website

Hi Jasmine,

The issue is not with the console, but with the game itself. Certain gameboy games, especially gameboy color games, contain save files that are reliant on a soldered-in battery within the cartridge. This means that if the battery inside the cartridge dies, the board will lose its ability to retain and overwrite a save file. Don't worry, though! This is a very common issue with these games as they are 10-30 years old, and their battery life is estimated at 5-9 years in most cases. Dead save batteries are especially prominent in games like Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver, due to the internal clock function these games possess. The internal clock tends to drain the battery over time. But other games are just as prone to losing their ability to save over time. There is an easy remedy to this, though. Simply replace the battery in the cartridge, and you will be able to enjoy your games again! To do this, however, you must have a soldering iron and a 3.8mm security bit (tool used to open the cartridge). The battery inside of the cartridge can be replaced in as little as three steps:

1. open the cartridge

2. desolder the battery contacts from the board (note: do not make contact between the battery and the soldering iron for obvious safety reasons)

3. install the new battery by soldering its contacts onto the board

After following these steps, just reassemble the cartridge and enjoy your game! In case you cannot find the proper CR2025 batteries and the appropriate bit, I have included a link below for the items. I, personally, have shopped from this seller and can vouch that their stuff is legit. They do take a dreadfully long time to ship, so I would shop around for a similar listing if possible. https://www.ebay.com/itm/X5-Game-Boy-GB-... Happy fixing!

AP SSC Results name wise and school wise will be declared on the official website of AP education board. District wise results will also be available on the official portal page

schools9

http://schools9.com

i believe its a CR2025 lithium battery and you will need a 3.8mm security bit to open up the cartridge

splix.io game

Online and free shooting gamesare waiting for you.

You are ready to play Bad Ice Cream 4 for this cool but fun adventure!

The legendary fighting gameBleach vs Naruto 3.1 met with lovers.

Türkiye'nin sineklik satış birincisinden ankara sineklik imalat ve montaj hizmetleri.

Vipka yapı güvencesi ile ankara pimapen, çayyolu pimapen ve ümitköy pimapen imalat ve montaj hizmetleri.

Türkiye'nin sineklik satış birincisinden ankara sineklikimalat ve montaj hizmetleri.

Ankara'nın sineklik markası ankara sineklik'den şok fiyatlar ile imalat ve montaj hizmetleri.

Some time this kind of saving problems do appears while playing games and has happen to me so many time. Make sure your internet is working properly. Hotmail account for mailing.

Jasmine will be eternally grateful.