An Android smartphone produced by Samsung Electronics introduced on December 2nd, 2015.

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 usb connection won't show up

Hello there

I just bought my new, Samsung Galaxy A5 2016

Everything is fine but the USB connection is not showing up in the notification menu

I installed the driver, Samsung KIES and i updated all the USB drivers, but it still just charging when i connect it to the laptop, i tried another USB cable and it's the same charging and no MTP, i tried another phone and everything is fine there is data transfer but my phone NO!

Any help PLEASE ?

Most Helpful Answer

Hello mate, i just came across this problem too. I communicated with samsung support and they were nothing but dramatic. They tried to help me by advising me to switch my device off and on and things like this... I googled the problem for answers and I came to the conclusion that is a broken USB port.

My problem is only when i try to connect the phone to copy data. There is NO problem when i charge the phone.

My solution is to repair the phone. I ordered the replacement part of eBay and i will fix it myself. I will post an update to tell you if it was a success or not!

PS

If you want a "How-To" of the repair procedure please let me know!

Yes, please share if you fixed the problem. Samsung support is bad as !&&*. I've tried all the possible solutions without success. It really seams to e a defect. Thanks

Hello ladies and gents,

Hopefully by now you have solved the problem. I received this issue when I first connection my phone into one of my four usb ports on my computer. I would open the phone's folder system and see nothing. I just tried a different usb port, and this time I touched/opened my phone while it was plugged in. It asks me if I want to establish a MTP connection, and I show yes. KERSHAZAM! The phone's data connection is now set, and I can transfer video and audio.

Cheers!

Jeffrey

it worked! Thank you

TRY THIS.. IT WORKS FOR ME

http://www.orangenarwhals.com/2015/09/no...

Hallo

I think you have to turn on USB debugging .

http://www.techoxygen.com/enable-develop...

Jan Helm

I have the same problem. Help please!

@Stratos Kordonis , I think I have the same problem...my phone is not being recognised by any computer however they are able to recognise other USB inputs...were you able to fix it?

I have same problem. a5 2016

i have same problem man... yestarday suddenly my issues are all USB problems .... i have used 2 month ..

1. No Fast Charging ( Was there before )

2. No OTG support ( Was there )

3. I can't connect the phone to my PC. Nothing happens when i connect my phone to PC. The phone just

charges when i connect it to PC. Nothing comes in the notification window of my phone when i connect.

pls help me how to sloved this problem

I have the same problem but on a A5 2017

Hi guys i have a5 2017 same problem when i connect to laptop it starts charging no data transfer option comes in the menu

Hi - if you look into your notifications from Android - there will be one about how the connection is made to the phone. I changed the option of transfer via USB from an MTP connection to a PTP connection, and my phone instantly appeared as an option in my directory and the usual screen message popped onto screen. So seems it is an android options issue.

How did you change that option? Where and how?

Thanks.

There is a video that shows how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQQTVr29...

I did all that and it still didn't work so I dug out the original white charging cable that came with the phone and connected that. When it still didn't recognize the phone I rebooted while the cable was connected and voila! it worked. I was still had it set on MTP connection though not PTP.

Aly will be eternally grateful.