An Android smartphone produced by Samsung Electronics introduced on December 2nd, 2015.

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 usb connection won't show up

Hello there

I just bought my new, Samsung Galaxy A5 2016

Everything is fine but the USB connection is not showing up in the notification menu

I installed the driver, Samsung KIES and i updated all the USB drivers, but it still just charging when i connect it to the laptop, i tried another USB cable and it's the same charging and no MTP, i tried another phone and everything is fine there is data transfer but my phone NO!

Any help PLEASE ?

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

Hello mate, i just came across this problem too. I communicated with samsung support and they were nothing but dramatic. They tried to help me by advising me to switch my device off and on and things like this... I googled the problem for answers and I came to the conclusion that is a broken USB port.

My problem is only when i try to connect the phone to copy data. There is NO problem when i charge the phone.

My solution is to repair the phone. I ordered the replacement part of eBay and i will fix it myself. I will post an update to tell you if it was a success or not!

PS

If you want a "How-To" of the repair procedure please let me know!

Yes, please share if you fixed the problem. Samsung support is bad as !&&*. I've tried all the possible solutions without success. It really seams to e a defect. Thanks

Hello ladies and gents,

Hopefully by now you have solved the problem. I received this issue when I first connection my phone into one of my four usb ports on my computer. I would open the phone's folder system and see nothing. I just tried a different usb port, and this time I touched/opened my phone while it was plugged in. It asks me if I want to establish a MTP connection, and I show yes. KERSHAZAM! The phone's data connection is now set, and I can transfer video and audio.

Cheers!

Jeffrey

it worked! Thank you

TRY THIS.. IT WORKS FOR ME

http://www.orangenarwhals.com/2015/09/no...

you made my day

There is a video that shows how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQQTVr29...

I did all that and it still didn't work so I dug out the original white charging cable that came with the phone and connected that. When it still didn't recognize the phone I rebooted while the cable was connected and voila! it worked. I was still had it set on MTP connection though not PTP.

I had bought a Genuine cable from Samsung and when I used that it worked. THANKS SO MUCH.

Thank you Farmgirl.

I didnt even have to reboot the phone !!!

Earlier in this process I had upgraded Samsung Kies which upgraded USB drivers but I suspect these were for the PC not the phone Im not sure this had anything to do with it? Hmmm

I recently had the same problem. I eventually discovered that the usb lead will fit into the A5 either way round, but will only transmit data one way round. So they seem to have used a phone lead that does not appear to be handed, but actually is handed. Where is the sense in that?

Hallo

I think you have to turn on USB debugging .

http://www.techoxygen.com/enable-develop...

Jan Helm

I have the same problem. Help please!

@Stratos Kordonis , I think I have the same problem...my phone is not being recognised by any computer however they are able to recognise other USB inputs...were you able to fix it?

I have same problem. a5 2016

i have same problem man... yestarday suddenly my issues are all USB problems .... i have used 2 month ..

1. No Fast Charging ( Was there before )

2. No OTG support ( Was there )

3. I can't connect the phone to my PC. Nothing happens when i connect my phone to PC. The phone just

charges when i connect it to PC. Nothing comes in the notification window of my phone when i connect.

pls help me how to sloved this problem

I have the same problem but on a A5 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XxEByzD... this might work for you

I have changed charging port with a new one. Still nothing

Hi guys i have a5 2017 same problem when i connect to laptop it starts charging no data transfer option comes in the menu

Hi - if you look into your notifications from Android - there will be one about how the connection is made to the phone. I changed the option of transfer via USB from an MTP connection to a PTP connection, and my phone instantly appeared as an option in my directory and the usual screen message popped onto screen. So seems it is an android options issue.

How did you change that option? Where and how?

Thanks.

dial *#0808#

Same problem her samsung a7 2015

Plz help us any one

Thanks Bob very helpful to know. I have had this problem multiple times thinking it had to do with Win 10 updates wasting a lot of my time - the call centre and web chat help was fairly useless - I finally got this resolved by taking it into a samsung service centre for the people there to look at...in the end both the data cable and the original cable appeared to be damaged in some way...I was told if the data pin is damaged which it can easily be so after 6 months then the phone will charge but not transmit data. anyway I now have a new samsung cable. On the older models as well you select MTP+ADB which you can access via dialling *#0808 I think to make sure it gets read as a storage device.

Aly will be eternally grateful.