An Android smartphone produced by Samsung Electronics introduced on December 2nd, 2015.

Samsung Galaxy A5 2016 usb connection won't show up

Hello there

I just bought my new, Samsung Galaxy A5 2016

Everything is fine but the USB connection is not showing up in the notification menu

I installed the driver, Samsung KIES and i updated all the USB drivers, but it still just charging when i connect it to the laptop, i tried another USB cable and it's the same charging and no MTP, i tried another phone and everything is fine there is data transfer but my phone NO!

Any help PLEASE ?

Most Helpful Answer

Hello mate, i just came across this problem too. I communicated with samsung support and they were nothing but dramatic. They tried to help me by advising me to switch my device off and on and things like this... I googled the problem for answers and I came to the conclusion that is a broken USB port.

My problem is only when i try to connect the phone to copy data. There is NO problem when i charge the phone.

My solution is to repair the phone. I ordered the replacement part of eBay and i will fix it myself. I will post an update to tell you if it was a success or not!

PS

If you want a "How-To" of the repair procedure please let me know!

Yes, please share if you fixed the problem. Samsung support is bad as !&&*. I've tried all the possible solutions without success. It really seams to e a defect. Thanks

Hello ladies and gents,

Hopefully by now you have solved the problem. I received this issue when I first connection my phone into one of my four usb ports on my computer. I would open the phone's folder system and see nothing. I just tried a different usb port, and this time I touched/opened my phone while it was plugged in. It asks me if I want to establish a MTP connection, and I show yes. KERSHAZAM! The phone's data connection is now set, and I can transfer video and audio.

Cheers!

Jeffrey

it worked! Thank you

Hallo

I think you have to turn on USB debugging .

http://www.techoxygen.com/enable-develop...

Jan Helm

TRY THIS.. IT WORKS FOR ME

http://www.orangenarwhals.com/2015/09/no...

I have the same problem. Help please!

@Stratos Kordonis , I think I have the same problem...my phone is not being recognised by any computer however they are able to recognise other USB inputs...were you able to fix it?

I have same problem. a5 2016

Aly will be eternally grateful.