Partial startup but won't boot
I recently replaced the battery on my Macbook Pro.
Unfortunately I fried L7602 which is a ferrite in the ground/case leg of the microphone by shorting it to the battery (mea culpa)
The system now boots in the following way:
1. Fan starts - low speed. SIL light is bright white. Power cable has green light.
2. SIL light flashes 5 times, goes out.
3. Fans go to high speed, DVD cycles, screen backlight turns on.
- All power supply voltages check OK - ALL_SYS_PWRGD is OK
- MCP_PS_PWRGD, FSB_CPURST_L and CPU_PWRGD are OK
- CAPS Lock LED on Kbd doesn't work
- Power button turns system off after 5s
- Power + (ShftCtlOpt) turns power off immediately, so Kbd is being sensed
- Removing system RAM gives 5 flashes followed by one repeating beep, so diags are working
Is this a good question?