Designed to provide professional results in a compact package, the J1 comes in a variety of colors and lens attachments.

battery compartment won't close & won't click when battery is put in

I'm not sure what the problem is but I put battery in pushing in orange battery latch and it does not latch

The battery pack should click into place without requiring excessive force. If it does not, be careful not to force anything as this will make things worse!

Check the following:

• Correct orientation of battery pack: make sure the battery pack is inserted right way round. This means, in the direction of the arrow symbol and with the Nikon and arrow symbol print towards the front of the camera.
  • Foreign objects in battery compartment may interfere with correct seating of battery pack.
  • Bent or damaged contact prongs (possibly caused by one of the above) may interfere with correct seating of battery pack.

Maureen McDonnell will be eternally grateful.