The Bose SoundLink Color is a Bluetooth speaker, designed as a more affordable and portable alternative to the SoundLink Mini.

Why won't my SoundLink Color turn on?

My speaker won't turn on when it is not plugged in, even after charging it for hours. What should I do to fix this?

i have the same problem but i looked it up and found how to fix your problem so you hold the mute button/ 3 dots for 10 to 12 seconds on it should turn on if it doesn't try pressing the power button

I did and works , thanks very much

This just happened to me also, and the solution worked. Thanks.

Mine dont work at all .no sign of live

Bose will not aswer my question to how to get a new battery

Bose SoundLink Color Troubleshooting

Speaker will not turn on when connected to AC power

Applies to: SoundLink Color Bluetooth® speaker

Please try the following to resolve your issue:

Make sure your system is connected to a working AC (mains) outlet

Make sure you are using the Bose power supply that shipped with your speaker. While the speaker can be physically connected to other USB power chargers, the Bose power supply is recommended for best results

If you are using a surge protector, try plugging directly into a working wall outlet

Make sure both ends of the power supply cable are firmly connected

Speaker will not turn on when using battery

To resolve this issue, please try the following:

Connect the system to AC power. If the system is disconnected from AC power and unused for 14 days or more, the system enters a protection mode to preserve battery power. This is typically the case with brand new systems just being removed from the box. It is then necessary to connect the unit to AC power to reactivate the system

The battery may not be sufficiently charged. The battery must have some charge in order for it to power up the system

Have the same problem. I fear the Battery is shot. Factory reset isn't working and leaving it to charge with the proper AC Adapter does nothing but aggravate. No indication that it's charging and I have ensured the charger and cables work fine. I've even tested a few other known adapters and nothing.

Is this a common problem?

Mine croaked after 9 months!

f***k not working

No, that is just what it says on the Bose website. Completely useless. It is putting itself in protection mode. You hold the mute button/ 3 dots for 10 to 12 seconds on it should turn on if it doesn't try pressing the power button while holding down the 3 dots button. Thank you to Cameron Marquez for this answer.

Most Helpful Answer

Bose Soundlink Color plugged into wall but not turning on and no charging light visible?

If you don't have the "three-dots" button, try this - it puts the Soundlink into shipping mode and returns it to normal:

- Plug soundlink in to wall charger

- Hold down the play/pause button for 15 seconds.

- Then, BEFORE releasing the play/pause button, unplug the charge cord from the unit.

- Release the button

- Plug the unit back into the wall charger.

- Press the power button, and your unit should power on.

This worked immediately for me. I have the original soundlink color (not the soundlink color II...so it does not have that three dots button)

The battery drained completely while it was in use and when I got the cable to charge it, none of the indicator lights came on. It acted as if it was completely dead. But when I plugged it into my computer, the Bose updater tool could see it and read the firmware (which was up to date) so there had to be some life left in there. However, even after trying to charge it for several hours, using the supplied bose cable and wall charger in a known working wall outlet, I still wasn't getting any lights to indicate it was even attempting to charge and still would not power up.

Immediately after plugging it back in after putting it in this shipping mode, the yellow battery light started flashing to indicate it was charging!

THANK YOU! Would be nice if Bose had this on the product troubleshooting page. Especially if it's a known issue.

Worked, thank you very much!

it worked so thank you very much!!

Awesome tip dude. Thank you!

It worked for me thank you!

Well...I'm suggesting that someone up vote this as the answer...and not the copy and pasted solution from the product manual, which wasn't working.

I went to Bose' support forum and found this:

https://www.soundtouch.com/CommunityDeta...

"We had identified an issue with the original software which may have caused the issue you are experiencing with the charging and power on.

If you update the system with the latest software version, you should then be able to power on the speaker without issue. For details and instructions on how to perform that update, visit the link below:

"

Fix:

http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/en/w...

John Hawkins did the update work for you?

It did. I had to install the update tool on my surface and reconnect the speaker via micro usb a Couple of times before it saw it, but once it did, it offered the update right away, which took about 3 minutes and then I was able to power it on and it gave me the proper indicator lights....no issues since.

I’ve been on the phone with Bose Tech support numerous times for this problem. This update only works for a short period of time and the problem comes back. They’ve had me reset the unit over and over. But it will never charge when this defect happens, you’ll know because the charge light won’t blink and unit won’t turn on. Bose promised me 3 months ago to replace my unit and every time I call they say it’s shipping in a few days. Obviously, many others are having the same problem. Obviously, Bose is not the quality it used to be. The unit seems great until it constantly is not working. THE FIX: Just don’t ever buy Bose again; there are plenty of better electronics companies and products. MY Bose color sound link is now a great paper weight, HEY HEY Bose makes the best paper weights.

Did you get a new unit?

- Plug soundlink in to wall charger

- Release the button

Downloaded the update software that covers all Bose products. http://btu.bose.com/#section=device

3 minutes to install and it now powers on and pairs on battery power only. As long as I don't let the battery get too low that I get a warning the settings hold and the issue does not repeat itself.

Charge the battery after any extended use.

Having the same problem! software update site said my unit was up to date

I had the same problem and was getting really frustrated after it not charging or turning on, turns out I was using a generic USB cable and needed the Bose USB charging cable. It's charging/working fine now.

Brett Horstketter will be eternally grateful.