DS Lite

This Nintendo DS Lite was released in 2006 as the successor to the Nintendo DS. Getting inside this device is simple, making for easy fixes.

Why won't my son's Nintendo DS read any games?

No matter what DS game we put in, it won't read the game. Nothing happens.

My ds won't let me press ok on it why is that

by billy243

When the unit starts, you will see the Health and Safety warning and "Touch the Screen to Start."

In the menu, where the DS game should appear, it is ghosted out and says, "There is No DS Card Inserted."

First off, to remove the possibility that it is not something extremely simple and overlooked, try this: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/repair/...

It might just need to be cleaned. this is the simplest starting point, and needs the least amount of tech. http://www.fixya.com/support/r4080144-ds...

Past that, you can try replacing the Slot-1 slot on the motherboard, replace the motherboard, or get a brand new unit. I do emphasize the cleaning first. Being a portable unit, it's in pockets, backpacks, greasy hands, who knows what... You get the picture.

+good answer

by pollytintop

Maybe try getting a Nintendo 2DS *and yes, it can play 3DS and DS games*

by Telamon Bryant

9/10 it's dirty contacts that stops a game from being recognized. I usually start there with a q-tip and rubbing alcohol to clean those contacts. I also need to flatten the of the stick first in the q-tip to properly reach the contacts.

by Andrew Fillhart

Most Helpful Answer

If you put it on auto, then turn it off and press the card in and out fast (about 10 times), then turn it back on, it should work. You also have to do the scraping thing.

!!!My gosh!!!

I can't believe it !!!

It really works!!!!!!!!!

I didn't open it for few years!!!!

XDXD I'm so happy now!! Crazy

by chinny1223

awesome!! worked for me also , thanks

by Lisa Ngo

Genius! Worked!!!

by dizzydaves

How did this work...

by Ty Caskey

what you mean by auto

by david mejia

my ds won't read a certain game but it will read other games

Look into the card reader slot. If the pins in it are not bent take a fine emery board and clean them with short in/out strokes, move the board over and do it again - until you have cleaned them all. Do not move it side to side, you can bend the pins.

by ABCellars

Try gently scraping across each contact on the game card with a knife blade, to clean off the contacts. If you carry the games around loose as I sometimes do the contacts can get dirty, and one or more may fail to make contact.

by kc8heg

try putting a small stick like a needle behind the game make sure its in the middle it works because it pushes the game down and touches the pin or pins that are too small

If you've check your r4 cards is OK? Maybe your r4 cards is broken and you should get a new one.

http://www.r4i3dscards.com/

http://www.r4i3dscards.com/

do NOT contact this spammer......

why? whats wrong with it?

by Bridie McNulty

dont do nm with "skruss" it is dangerous read ur information booklet

Idk

This could be a nubeeee comment. My wife just got a ds light with around 15 games, separate case etc from the charity shop for £10. Turned it on. Inserted game and it didn't see the card. With no instructions. As we all do, turned to Google and found this thread. So cleaned contacts etc, etc. Still not seeing the cards. However, insert a card and then turn on and it sees and plays them fine.

That is normal operation. Congratulations on your great deal.

by kc8heg

Rasheen Barber will be eternally grateful.