Why won't my phone charge at all?

So I have a Samsung Galaxy J2

I have been having problems with the charger for about a month but I just thought it was my actual cable not the phone itself, I used to just be able to put it into a position and charge it but tonight I couldn't and it went flat.

I plugged it in and the lightning symbol in the battery appeared as it would when you plug the charger in the dead flat phone. But the lighting symbol disappeared. Then it came back, then disappeared again, and it loops. It won't even go onto the 0% screen when turned off and charging and when it does it goes on for about 1 second then turns off and goes back to the lightning symbol.

I also noticed when I unplugged the charger and had the flat phone not on charge and I held the power button, a blue screen with something to do with "downloading" and code popped up for a split second but turned off again because the phone is flat, not sure if this info is useful but could I get some answers?

i also have faced same problem for samsung j2, i went for service centre and they replaced complete charging panel for the problem also replaced battery for my phone which under warranty

My Samsung j2 mobile is not charging

When I connect the charger the symble will show's for 1second and it will not charge

Lee Rocque will be eternally grateful.